[Tutorial] Compiling mod

PlatonCraft

Ok, you coded your mod. Now you need to compile it. I don't know accurate instructions, but know how to compile mod.

FIRST.

Open your build.gradle file with notepad or something like notepad to change version and name of your Mod. (You may not do this)

You can change this:

version = "1.0" //any version, e.g. "8.46.1.1046 pre-alpha"
group= "com.yourname.modid" // Not necessary, e.g. "megacrafter.mods.mybestmodevar"
archivesBaseName = "modid" //Name of mod, e.g. "My Best Mod EVAR"

save build.gradle and exit

SECOND.

Run gradlew.bat with command build

In another words create bat-file if forge folder with

gradlew.bat build

and start it.

Congratulations! Your mod compiled and in build folder.

[spoiler=If you getting error while building on :deobf]

First run gradlew.bat with command cleancache --refresh-dependencies (Just edit your bat-file to "gradlew.bat cleancache --refresh-dependencies")

and paste this code to bottom of your build.gradle

reobf {deobfFile = new net.minecraftforge.gradle.delayed.DelayedFile(project, "build/tmp/deobfBinJar/deobfed.jar") }

If you getting error again reinstall forge acoording to my tutorial.

Good luck with coding.

• Like 1

[spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler]LOL,Its nothing interesting here

[spoiler=Spoiler]And here too

[spoiler=Spoiler]But that image is pretty good

This works for me. Any advice on how to package the mod-specific en_US.lang file? I've been able to put this file in

eclipse/assets/<modid>/lang/en_US.lang

And see correctly localized strings.

but I'm at a loss for where to put it within my mod's jar file.

This works for me. Any advice on how to package the mod-specific en_US.lang file? I've been able to put this file in

eclipse/assets/<modid>/lang/en_US.lang

And see correctly localized strings.

but I'm at a loss for where to put it within my mod's jar file.

In eclipse you may put files like before

VUru6lb.png

So, if you have files there in eclipse and you build jar with instructions above compiler will AUTOMATICLY put all your resourse files in jar-file.

Don't forget that you may easily unpack you jar-file and make zip-file with you mod

You may download my mod and look into its structure http://yadi.sk/d/OdnWYFCVFZk9V

[spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler]LOL,Its nothing interesting here

Why are you cleaning the cache... there is no reason to do this and jsut means shit needs to rebuild all the time.

Also whats with the custom build file?

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Why are you cleaning the cache... there is no reason to do this and jsut means shit needs to rebuild all the time.

Also whats with the custom build file?

You right. But before I was getting error. And this instruction fixed that error.

But now all works without it. I don't know why so I changed Tutorial

• 9 months later...

Ok, you coded your mod. Now you need to compile it. I don't know accurate instructions, but know how to compile mod.

FIRST.

Open your build.gradle file with notepad or something like notepad to change version and name of your Mod. (You may not do this)

You can change this:

version = "1.0" //any version, e.g. "8.46.1.1046 pre-alpha"
group= "com.yourname.modid" // Not necessary, e.g. "megacrafter.mods.mybestmodevar"
archivesBaseName = "modid" //Name of mod, e.g. "My Best Mod EVAR"

save build.gradle and exit

SECOND.

Run gradlew.bat with command build

In another words create bat-file if forge folder with

gradlew.bat build

and start it.

Congratulations! Your mod compiled and in build folder.

[spoiler=If you getting error while building on :deobf]

First run gradlew.bat with command cleancache --refresh-dependencies (Just edit your bat-file to "gradlew.bat cleancache --refresh-dependencies")

and paste this code to bottom of your build.gradle

reobf {deobfFile = new net.minecraftforge.gradle.delayed.DelayedFile(project, "build/tmp/deobfBinJar/deobfed.jar") }

If you getting error again reinstall forge acoording to my tutorial.

Good luck with coding.

It doesnt work. processResources always failed.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

For me, the build command showed no errors after running, but i have no .jar file in my build-folder. What must i do now?

edit:

inside the build-folder, there is a lib-folder.

and there i found a jar-file with the name of the mod and a version--number.

is this the right one?

edit 2:

Yeah, that´s it.

It works in my main-world

So it may be a good idea to tell in your tutorial, that the mod-jar-file is located inside the lib-folder in the build-folder.

Edited by Drachenbauer

• Guest locked this topic