[1.7.2][Solved] Id for Block or Item

PlatonCraft

I know this maybe is silly question, but how can I give an ID to my Block or Item in 1.7.2? Anybody knows?

Also I want help with these questions if somone know.

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,15190.0.html

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,15185.0.html

[spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler]LOL,Its nothing interesting here

[spoiler=Spoiler]And here too

[spoiler=Spoiler]But that image is pretty good

you don't. ID's are gone!

You do not have to deal with them anymore.

That's bit uncomfortably for me. But I thought so. If ID's are gone why any item still have id? Even my items, they have id 4096, 4097, etc.

[spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler][spoiler=Spoiler]LOL,Its nothing interesting here

That's bit uncomfortably for me. But I thought so. If ID's are gone why any item still have id? Even my items, they have id 4096, 4097, etc.

Id's are not totally gone. They are automatically assigned whenever you load a world. That means in world A your Item could be id 2244 and in World B it could be 15543. Don't fumble with Ids. They are automatically handled in the background.

No, actually ID is static and Items get it in order of loading to Minecraft. Mod Ids start from 4096 and next registered item takes ID 4097 etc. But this is not important anymore =)

No, actually ID is static and Items get it in order of loading to Minecraft. Mod Ids start from 4096 and next registered item takes ID 4097 etc. But this is not important anymore =)

Actually... No. FML adds this.

I know that FML does it, I say that ID is not random.

I never questioned this till updating to 1.7.2 so question is:

When world is saved blocks are saved by IDs or wat? (I mean, they are not, so what - objects?)

Item A has ID 10000 item B has ID 10001. Seems like when you swap those IDs and make B 10000 and A 10001 minecraft will autocorrect changes, like id's change never happened.

It's totally elementary knowledge, but over more than one year I've never looked into it.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

FML has saved the name <-> id mapping to the world file for some time now.

On disc the items/blocks are serialized to ids yes, but FML uses that mapping to translate those ids to the specific item instances in the game.

So yes, IDs still exist for world saves/network/serialization.

But no, you as a modder, as a player, as any of that should not give a single shit about ids it is ALL taken care of by Minecraft/FML.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

My mod serializes sub-volumes as JSON data, in effect 3D copy & paste.

I wrote my mod for 1.6.4 and so used blockId values to represent serialized blocks. Now that I've mostly ported to 1.7.2, I'm sticking with blockIds for backward compatibility. I found a way to obtain the blockId for a Block using the block registry. I'll post more details if there's interest.