Stupid, stupid question (memory saving)

Ernio

Yeah, I can count (and I did some math and testing via System.currentTimeMillis();), but still, I just NEED to ask before I get to work.

I need to either save global array[biome][depth][value] or I need to make this array every time it is needed.

Size is: array[20][256][100000] which will give us 51.200.000 values. Best compression available for my algorithm to work is byte (I prefere short). Now: Holding so many values in global array will take some MB of RAM (well not just some, a lot compared to rest of my mod). Is it better to just lose this memory and have full access to it all the time, or maybe to create whole array from for()for()for(), use it, and delete (memory saving and stuff).

Algorithm is called everytime you destroy block (holy fuck that often, and I think that answers the question, but just give me your opinion) xD

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Da fuk you need that much data for?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Well... just fuck it (sry), I've tried to make something too realistic, but such an accurate thing just can't exist in clean code, I'll just go with some freaky-close randoms system with some changing variables. That will be challenging :o maybe Excel will help :o

<CLOSED> (sorry, explaining this mechanism would be too hard, and I belive that me spending week on it is alredy too much - and yeah, it's complicated math-mod)

As I said I'll just creat close-value-function somehow ;O

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.