Resource loading in Forge 4

Kinniken

I've been working on updating Millénaire to MC 1.3/Forge 4 and I finally got it to run. I like the new APIs and the general setup, but the upgrade is a bit steep ;) I really like the new event system though.

Anyway, I have a few questions linked to some stuff that's not working yet. The most important as the title say regards resource loading. In MC 1.2 I loaded my active textures that way:

ImageIO.read((net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.class).getResource("/graphics/item/ML_om_amulet.png"));

Where the PNG file is in mod/millenaire/graphics/item/ (not zipped). In 1.2 it worked fine, in 1.3 the resource is null. Has anything changed there? Same problem BTW with custom items, blocks and skins.

Otherwise, two bonus questions:

- is there a convenient way of knowing which side we are in in IConnectionHandler.connectionClosed()? And of getting the name of the user if it's server-side? It used to be possible to get it from the networkManager but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

- in MCP, if I make an Eclipse project with the code from common and minecraft it compiles fine (with the proper libraries in the build path of course). However if I make one with common and minecraftserver, I get 20 compile errors, the most common being due to BaseMod missing (in ASMModParser and ModLoaderModContainer for instance). Is this normal? Is there a way of configuring a server env in MCP?

Thanks!

K.

If you use the install script that forge provides it replaces the eclipse workspace with a single project that is named 'Minecraft' and has two debug configs 'Client' and 'Server'

That is all you need its all configured properly to test the did server vs the client.

Aside from that, loading textures should work as it always has, as the Loading code has not changed to much between 1.2 and 1.3. It loads all the folders inside /mods/ to the classpath, so it should work. Not sure why it doesnt on that front.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

If you use the install script that forge provides it replaces the eclipse workspace with a single project that is named 'Minecraft' and has two debug configs 'Client' and 'Server'

That is all you need its all configured properly to test the did server vs the client.

Aside from that, loading textures should work as it always has, as the Loading code has not changed to much between 1.2 and 1.3. It loads all the folders inside /mods/ to the classpath, so it should work. Not sure why it doesnt on that front.

You're nice to people that know what they're talking about.  ;)

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

Yes I am, because they arnt pestering me with stupid questions that they can answer themselves with 10 seconds of looking.

So if i'm 'mean' to you, you know you are in the wrong.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Yes I am, because they arnt pestering me with stupid questions that they can answer themselves with 10 seconds of looking.

I know how that works!

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

I know how that works!

well hes not called the 'Forge Code God' or 'Noob Slayer' for no reason lol

I know how that works!

well hes not called the 'Forge Code God' or 'Noob Slayer' for no reason lol

the only problem with the noob slayer part is when the person did spend time looking

like for my sound problem , i spent a good day before asking , then another day trying what ppl said to before a single sound loaded properly XP . and when i did get awnsers they were the kind where if you haven't been working with forge or haven't helped make forge you wouldn't have known to begin with. that said i did get a good answer in the end

Thanks, that works. I hadn't seen it because I do my own project configs due to wanting to use my existing workspace. This means BTW that the code in minecraftserver is no longer used at all?

Very strange. And I get the same error when running it with your Eclipse workspace. I also tried zipping it and same deal. I guess I'll try and see if I can get an other Forge mod to work.

Anyone has anything to suggest regarding this? :

- is there a convenient way of knowing which side we are in in IConnectionHandler.connectionClosed()? And of getting the name of the user if it's server-side? It used to be possible to get it from the networkManager but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Did you try:

if(FMLCommonHandler.instance().getSide().isClient()) to check if it's on the client or

if(FMLCommonHandler.instance().getSide().isServer()) to check if it's on the server

?

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Won't that always return client though if it's not a stand-alone server, even if the event is being triggered by a LAN player disconnecting, in which case it's really a "server-side" event?

Huh, that's true. Then I have no idea :/

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

I figured out the resource problem, if anyone else is having the same. It's due to me splitting the Millénaire mod between a millenaire zip file that contains the classes and a millenaire folder with the content, including the textures. Forge 3 loaded the content of the folder as resources even if it wasn't a "mod" folder as such. Forge 4 doesn't. So I'll now package the textures in the zip file instead.

Fmlcommonhanlder.get environment side is a guess as to the side in an integrated server. Random files are no longer added to the class path. You can get stuff straight from your mod zip: I give you a file in pre unit that is your mod zip..

Random files are no longer added to the class path.

I guess one guy's bug is an other guy's feature ;) Any change of being able to request the loading of a directory in a future update? Maybe triggered by an info file at the root of the dir?

Otherwise, what is the status of Forge for Bukkit in MC 1.3? It works well? That's my next project.

Eah last time I used it it has a folder in the root of the MC dir.

And you could just setup those folders for yourself when the mod loads for the first time.

Anything more complicated then 'Put this zip in /mods/' is a bad idea :P

Instead of relying on on classpaths, you could write a little bit to load things from that folder first if they exist.

I would tend to agree with lex. You get given your zip distributable as a file in preinit event so if you want to open it up and deploy it somewhere and then do stuff, do it there. I don't want to add random paths. Mcpatcher is already annoying in that respect...

I'm not sure why it would be easier for users to install a zip instead of a zip and two folders in the same place ;) And I want people to be aware that Millénaire comes with plenty of user-accessible content.

Otherwise cpw how is the situation regarding Bukkit and Forge? I'd like to tackle that once the current Millénaire version is stable.

I'm not sure why it would be easier for users to install a zip instead of a zip and two folders in the same place ;)
You give WAY to much credit to the end user.

Hell, its a miracle they even understand how to put the mod in the right folder.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • rftoolsbuilder:shielding_cutout (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),rftoolsstorage:crafting_manager (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),deepresonance:dense_glass (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),restrictions:oneway (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),restrictions:oneway_wall (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_complete (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_complete (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_broken (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_broken (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_broken_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_broken_mossy (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_vines (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar),lostruins:glassgray3x2_pane_vines (from lostcities-1.19-6.0.24.jar)[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Skipping loading recipe supplementaries:inspirations/blackboard_clear as it's serializer returned null[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Skipping loading recipe supplementaries:inspirations/flag_dye as it's serializer returned null[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Skipping loading recipe supplementaries:inspirations/flag_clear as it's serializer returned null[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [minecraft/RecipeManager]: Loaded 36 recipes[13:50:17] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Adding Diamond Weapons to the End City Treasure Loot Table![13:50:17] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Adding Longbow and Heavy Crossbow related loot to the Village Fletcher Loot Table![13:50:18] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Adding Iron Weapons to the Village Weaponsmith Loot Table![13:50:18] [main/ERROR] [minecraft/ServerFunctionLibrary]: Failed to load function watching:checkjava.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Whilst parsing command on line 1: Unknown or incomplete command, see below for error at position 0: <--[HERE]at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:315) ~[?:?] {re:mixin}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:320) ~[?:?] {re:mixin}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1770) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1760) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:373) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(ForkJoinPool.java:1182) ~[?:?] {}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.java:1655) ~[?:?] {re:computing_frames}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1622) ~[?:?] {re:computing_frames}at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:165) ~[?:?] {}Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Whilst parsing command on line 1: Unknown or incomplete command, see below for error at position 0: <--[HERE]at net.minecraft.commands.CommandFunction.m_77984_(CommandFunction.java:63) ~[server-1.19.2-20220805.130853-srg.jar%23299!/:?] {re:classloading}at net.minecraft.server.ServerFunctionLibrary.m_214320_(ServerFunctionLibrary.java:85) ~[server-1.19.2-20220805.130853-srg.jar%23299!/:?] {re:classloading}at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1768) ~[?:?] {}... 6 more[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: [Automatic Recipe Unlock] Removed 3712 recipe advancements[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [minecraft/AdvancementList]: Loaded 684 advancements[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [at.dy.se.ItemLightLevels/]: Clearing item tag to light level mapping cache[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [sl.ma.fl.tr.FluidContainerTransferManager/]: Loaded 0 dynamic modifiers in 0.246528 ms[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/wax_on with 2 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:adventure/kill_a_mob with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/bred_all_animals with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:adventure/kill_all_mobs with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/make_a_sign_glow with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/balanced_diet with 3 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/plant_seed with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:nether/all_effects with 2 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:husbandry/wax_off with 2 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:adventure/adventuring_time with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [quark/]: Modified advancement minecraft:nether/all_potions with 1 patches[13:50:18] [main/INFO] [supplementaries/]: Loaded 8 flute songs[13:50:20] [main/INFO] [Spartan Weaponry/]: Finished initialising Weapon Traits & Attributes! Took 11.202781ms[13:50:20] [main/INFO] [supplementaries/]: Finished additional setup in 103 ms[13:50:20] [main/WARN] [minecraft/DedicatedServerProperties]: Failed to parse level-type biomesoplenty, defaulting to minecraft:normal[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting minecraft server version 1.19.2[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Loading properties[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Default game type: SURVIVAL[13:50:20] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Generating keypair[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting Minecraft server on :::25983[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/ServerConnectionListener]: Using epoll channel type[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.ca.CaveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.ca.CaveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.st.SteveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.st.SteveDweller/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.sk.Skinstalker/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.sk.SkinwalkerOverhaul/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.sk.SkinwalkerOverhaul/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.go.Goatman/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Thread-0/INFO] [de.ca.go.Goatman/]: Server configuration has been reloaded[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 glowstone[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 2[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.PlayerSelfLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 1[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 glowstone[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 2[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser identified itemstack 1 torch[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [at.dy.se.mo.DroppedItemsLightSource/]: item config parser finished, item count: 1[13:50:21] [Server thread/INFO] [Framework/]: Loading server configs...[13:50:22] [Server thread/INFO] [terrablender/]: Initialized TerraBlender biomes for level stem minecraft:overworld[13:50:22] [Server thread/INFO] [terrablender/]: Initialized TerraBlender biomes for level stem minecraft:the_nether[13:50:22] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Preparing level "world"[13:50:35] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Preparing start region for dimension minecraft:overworld[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:40] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:41] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:41] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 0%[13:50:42] [Worker-Main-1/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Preparing spawn area: 17%[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/LoggerChunkProgressListener]: Time elapsed: 7618 ms[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Done (21.501s)! For help, type "help"[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Starting GS4 status listener[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/GenericThread]: Thread Query Listener started[13:50:42] [Query Listener #1/INFO] [minecraft/QueryThreadGs4]: Query running on :::25983[13:50:42] [Server thread/INFO] [ne.mi.se.pe.PermissionAPI/]: Successfully initialized permission handler forge:default_handler
    • Visit WEB:  https://www.strongspellcaster.us.com New York City, NY's love spells +27732318372 *To Get Back Ex Lover* Black magic cleansing.  
    • +27732318372 MOST GIFTED VOODOO MAGIC LOST LOVE SPELLS TO BRING BACK AN EX LOVER << USA CANADA USA .. >> visit website (https://www.strongspellcaster.us.com) s.
    • The conflict arises from discrepancies between different versions of GSON. My suggestion would be to remove your dependency on GSON 2.8.6 and opt for a different approach. Instead of using the static method JsonParser.parseString, you can create a JsonParser object and then use the parse method.   JsonParser jsonParser = new JsonParser(); jsonParser.parse(jsonString)  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.