Is this possible?

Seniorjerry

Hey just a quick question. I was wondering if it is possible to make a mod where when a player throws an item into a cauldron full of water it would change colors and after a couple of items are thrown in they disappear and change the color of the water. Then a player can scoop the potion out of the cauldron with empty bottles and They would receive a random potion.

I do have java experience and just started making mods with forge and was wondering if this was possible.

Hey just a quick question. I was wondering if it is possible to make a mod where when a player throws an item into a cauldron full of water it would change colors and after a couple of items are thrown in they disappear and change the color of the water. Then a player can scoop the potion out of the cauldron with empty bottles and They would receive a random potion.

I do have java experience and just started making mods with forge and was wondering if this was possible.

I'm not sure about the changing the color of the water (but probably), but I'm pretty sure that the rest of what you're looking to do is possible: Thaumcraft basically does that with crucibles.

For changing the color of the water, you could have separate textures with different colored pixels for the water.  I'm not sure how you'd get it to respond to throwing items in...possibly from checking what item you're holding, what you're pointing at, and then whether or not you throw the item you're holding. Other than that, I'm not sure how you would get the items to disappear on command like that...but it's definitely an interesting idea.