Multiple hit boxes?

TheDrunkMafia

Hey,

So I am fiddling around with the block bounds and also collisions boxes, however is there anyway that you can add more that one hit boxes so that once they are right clicked, they are able to call their own version of onBlockActivated or something similar.

An example of this would be the ender tanks and ender chests that are from the block ender storage. On the ender tank you have the colour codes that link tanks up and also the option to have the tank send or receive.

Yup there certainly is a way to do it. Have a look at how BuildCraft allows you to place facads and pipe plugs. The idea on which this is based off has the name raytracing. Basically you're tracing the line the player's reticle is following until you hit the block.

https://github.com/BuildCraft/BuildCraft/blob/master/common/buildcraft/transport/BlockGenericPipe.java

Author of PneumaticCraft, MineChess, Minesweeper Mod and Sokoban Mod. Visit www.minemaarten.com to take a look at them.

I already looked at BuildCraft's implementation. It was already quite complicated when they had all the different pipe additions (plugs, facads, gates, ...). Now that they made it easier to put on facads it became even more complicated. I suggest that you take a look at the mod you refered to in the beginning: Ender Storage. It's also open-source after all. Link to the dev version download: http://adf.ly/WAp6z . I must admit I haven't looked at this source yet.

Author of PneumaticCraft, MineChess, Minesweeper Mod and Sokoban Mod. Visit www.minemaarten.com to take a look at them.

You shouldn't navigate into the codechicken folder from the root of the download. You should go into src, and then the codechicken folder. That's the way ChickenBones appears to package every dev version he puts out. Now I've looked for you and this indeed is the case. The complete path to EnderStorage's block class: /src/codechicken/enderstorage/common/BlockEnderStorage.java . To be specific look at that class its onBlockActivated() method.