Custom PotionEffect Do Not Disappear in Client Side

zerozhou

I'm dealing with some custom potioneffects. As there are a lot of potioneffects I'm going to implement, I use reflect to expand the potion list which origin size is 32.

Things seem to be fine but when I try to render the effects in the client side, I found that the potioneffect did not disappear in the client side, that I try to render the effect all the time after the entity get the effect.

It seems the client would receive a packet about the disappearance of the potioneffect, but as you can see, I don't think it works well. Maybe there are some strange feature handling the potioneffects? Like the packet only send with ID less then 32 or something.

Could someone help?

Yes I change the onUpdate like what the SRC do in the code.

Decrease the duration of the effect.

public boolean onUpdate(EntityLivingBase par1)
    {
        if (this.duration > 0)
        {
            this.deincrementDuration();
        }
        par1.addPotionEffect(new PotionEffect(8, 2, -8, false));
        AttributeInstance atins = par1.getEntityAttribute(SharedMonsterAttributes.movementSpeed);
        AttributeModifier mod = new AttributeModifier(Utils.MyFreezeSpeed,"Freeze",-1.0F,2);
        if (atins.getModifier(Utils.MyFreezeSpeed) == null) {
        	atins.applyModifier(mod);
        }
        if (this.duration % 140 == 0) {
        	par1.attackEntityFrom(new MyDamageSource("FreezeDamage", null, 7, 2.0F), 2.0F);
        }
        return this.duration > 0;
    }

OK I got it, as the when the entity(not player)'s potioneffet disappear, there is no packet from the server to the client. But the server tracks the player's potioneffet status. So I send packet to the player around the entity I'm handling slove the problem.