[Question] Is it possible to create custom potion effects? (Addition Question)

XenParadox

I've been try to convert and old "core" mod I once made for 1.8.1 to make it work with 1.6.2/1.6.4/(whatever the latest is now). Anyway I've had an idea for a potion effect, but I have yet to see any way to add a custom effect to Minecraft without modding the core code, which isn't really something you want to do with forge. If anyone happens to be able to answer this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Also if I might add, I've been trying to figure out if there is way to make mobs not act hostile toward you if, for example you were wearing a certain helmet. I somewhat managed to do this back in 1.8.1, but again this was by editing the core code. I'm quickly realizing most of these ideas might not be transferable due to the fact that I am wanting to use Forge because I've been told more people are prone to use a mod if it is made with Forge. Something about compatibility, I honestly don't remember the whole conversation. Anyway I hope I can find some kind of solution for these problems and who knows maybe someone has figured out a work-around for these.

Thanks In Advance

-XenParadox

Yes.

But you'll need reflections to add them to the potion array.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

What is a reflection?

Code that modifies code.

In this case, a Java inbuilt API to read and modify class structures in arbitrary fashions.  Potions.java have a pesky "final" attribute on the potion array?  Reflect it to a) not be final and b) have more elements.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1682889-forge-creating-custom-potion-effects/

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.