[Coremod] Doubts about coremod and normal mod?

AXELTOPOLINO

Hello guys,

I've discovered the difference between a normal mod and a coremod just yesterday.

I've searched for hours trying to understand everything correctly (as I need to do some MC base classes edits).

There isn't much information about coremods and if I have understood correctly, I need to remove  my old @mod class and using instead my new class that extends FMLLoadingPlugin.

How can I use proxies and all the network proprieties that I used in my old @mod class?

Is there a way or I must create 2 different mods (one is the coremod)?

Thank you as always for your support,

Axel

I love your fast-answer ability diesieben07 :D

Well, I already thought about 2 different mods...but how can I work with them togheter in my eclipse workspace? Of course in order to work, my normal mod needs the edits made by the coremod (I'm editing some Minecraft packets code with ASM transformations)

Axel

The coremod will be loaded before "normal" mods, so you don't have to worry about that.

In Eclipse, you can do manually the base class edits you want for the "normal" mod to work.

So there's no way for using a coremod in eclipse? I just read this in minecraftforum, does it actually work for calling normal mods+coremods in the same workspace?

For running a coremod in eclipse workspace, you need to add the argument (in program arguments) "fml.coreMods.load YourClassName"

and add a system property: -Dfml.coreMods.load=YourClassName

And the last question for now: I see many .patch files in some coremods...What is the software or java library that generates them?

Thanks you both guys,

Axel

Mods don't need their own namespace. It is possible to just include two mods together.

So, for instance, you can have both:

sample.mod1.Mod1

and

sample.mod2.Mod2

in one mcp tree.

Patch files are made from the diff command, but I don't know how these people generate them.

Ok so what I do for my coremod is:

Edit the base files IN eclipse and put the ASM Code in my coremod file, then in another package (coremod = tattyseal.e.asm.EEFMLLoadingPlugin, mod = tattyseal.e.core.ProjectEE) have my normal mod files

Then when you want to release it, compile, reobfuscate and put all your code + edited minecraft code into your jar file!

Hope I help :)