ERROR: Forge for Minecraft 1.6.2

LikeABossio

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum just wanted to sign up because this error is freaking me out.

Whenever I start the Install Client option inside the Forge Installer, I get this message.

kt9k.png

Please help, I really want to download Mo' Creatures and TooManyItems to my Minecraft.

Thank you very much, help will be appreciated.

Launching Minecraft does not fix the problem. The Forge installer never makes it to the point of creating a new profile so there's just the vanilla profile and nothing gets downloaded. I've tried erasing the entire .minecraft folder, redownloading everything from scratch from Mojang and redownloading the Forge installer. No success.

This problem persists as of 3:30 EDT.

You're having internet issues, Not sure qwhat to tell you with the new switch to using compressed libraries our server should be able to keep up with the demand {though we're still lookin for mirriors}

Anyways if this continue, you can just go manually download the libraries.

http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/org/scala-lang/scala-compiler/2.10.2/scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar

http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/org/scala-lang/scala-library/2.10.2/scala-library-2.10.2.jar

Make sure to place them in the proper folder structure see the url for it.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Lex,

Just thought I'd chime in on this as well.  I was using 804 just fine and needed to update to at least 855.  So, a few days ago, I downloaded 871 and came up with the same problem.  I figured it was just a compile problem with that version so decided to wait a little bit before downloading a new version.  I went on the website tonight and noticed that 871 is the last of the versions for 1.6.2, so I downloaded it again and came up with the same error.

After some forum diving, I found the solution of manually adding those 2 files.  I did and it's a no go.  Even with those 2 files in the correct locations, FML installer still downloads and overwrites them with a different version.  I can tell it's a different version as the file sizes aren't the same:

FML Installer scala-library-2.10.2.jar  6,474KB

Manual D/L scala-library-2.10.2.jar  6,955KB

FML Installer scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar  12,963KB

Manual D/L scala-library-2.10.2.jar  14,074KB

I figure I better include java -version output:

java version"1.8.0-ca"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-ca-b102)

Java HotSpot64-Bit Server VM (build 25.0-b44, mixed mode)

I have completely deleted and re-ran the Minecraft.exe launcher from Mojang and that still doesn't get rid of the problem.

The installer downloads a compressed version, using lzma and pack200. Sadly this is a lossy compression, but it only looses jar metadata. But as such it's unpacked for us smaller then the original jar.

However, it should find them fine what are your md5s?

the one's it's looking for are here: https://github.com/MinecraftForge/FML/commit/81328b6684c5127427153807b5e498c2efefb96b#L1R37

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

scala-library-2.10.2.jar as downloaded by FML is  702939B76217796BB8A8633C79CC78B3

scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar as downloaded by FML is BE208604479C64EA50FCFE8FEA8E1B13

Completely different from what that code shows.

Edit:  The MD5's for the ones you linked for manual download also don't match what's asked for in code.

My bad, those are sha1 checksums {seriously... who does sh1 *shakes fist at cpw*}

Anyways just ran through and gathered the checksums myself, here you go see how yours compares:

C:\Users\Lex\Downloads\test>md5sum *
44f4d11085423ebffbfb177c1fe4cc69 *scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar
e3ab8b490a4a25aa78d6be631159a6b7 *scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar.pack.lzma
000f71f6c70baf780ad6819d8b89c960 *scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar.unpacked
8800aafcc03e346dbbde171bef0b2bfe *scala-library-2.10.2.jar
ff917f6e29ae246b1a1d305d26619dc1 *scala-library-2.10.2.jar.pack.lzma
38ceadbc4da687ca5d1146166f679d30 *scala-library-2.10.2.jar.unpacked

C:\Users\Lex\Downloads\test>sha1sum *
64c8b1380cc53d6850823d6e4e7ae984aa44ef9c *scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar
79dc9406dd44b136429f8b2f26cc94b47f63bb42 *scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar.pack.lzma
40281b3ffc69fb385953522c843363ccaf71ba89 *scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar.unpacked
6ba65d12cd09d441083262d6f73d2257fec7c663 *scala-library-2.10.2.jar
3b52a48d5497035c14b3bf813ba06bf73200d04d *scala-library-2.10.2.jar.pack.lzma
dffc88e804861c9eaba39283757000b6558ea573 *scala-library-2.10.2.jar.unpacked

C:\Users\Lex\Downloads\test>ls -l -r
total 44956
-rw-rw-rw-  1 Lex 0  6584157 2013-09-17 20:42 scala-library-2.10.2.jar.unpacked
-rw-rw-rw-  1 Lex 0  1676323 2013-09-15 18:44 scala-library-2.10.2.jar.pack.lzma
-rw-rw-rw-  1 Lex 0  7121818 2013-07-09 14:52 scala-library-2.10.2.jar
-rw-rw-rw-  1 Lex 0 13195641 2013-09-17 20:42 scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar.unpacked
-rw-rw-rw-  1 Lex 0  3033499 2013-09-15 19:24 scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar.pack.lzma
-rw-rw-rw-  1 Lex 0 14411577 2013-09-20 20:26 scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar

.pack.lzma being the compressed version the installer downloads {dont really care about that}

.unpacked being the unpacked .pack.lzma, which if you use the installer, *should* be what ends up in the libraries folder.

the .jar ones are the raw, unpacked, jar that i linked to earlier.

It seems that you're failing to download the files all the way, clear your internet cache and see if that helps.

SHA1 for FML downloaded scala-compiler-2.10.2  21ac26a5434eb63bd93c1950e919cc80ff5ac226

SHA1 for FML downloaded scala-library-2.10.2  97a02a3f265b9608c33299d003a408b3560298f1

Manual D/L scala-compiler-2.10.2  64c8b1380cc53d6850823d6e4e7ae984aa44ef9c

Manual D/L scala-library-2.10.2  6ba65d12cd09d441083262d6f73d2257fec7c663

So, the manual downloads are the correct version, but for some reason they are getting overwritten during the install process of Forge.

Interesting, do you get a constant SHA1 for the ones the installer spits out?

Also it shouldn't be overwriting your manual downloads if the checksums are correct.

Can you garentee that those files are the correct checksum BEFORE running the installer process?

The only thing that seems to come to mind as a possible cause for the issue, is that you're running Java 8.

Java 6 and Java 7 both produce the same output from unpack200ing something, but java8 may of screwed that up.

Any chance Ic an get you to test running the installer on a 1.7 JVM?

Though this still doesn't explain why the manual downloads are getting overwritten.. unless java 8 screwed up the entire sha1 system..

Looks like clearing the Java Cache was the issue here.  I tried clearing Internet Explorer and Chrome cache, but that did nothing.  Once I cleared Java cache, it worked like a charm.

For those that have the problem, open Control Panel, then open the Java that shows up in CP.  Under the General tab, click on settings then look in the lower right and click on Delete.  Once that's done, try installing again.  If that doesn't work, download the files manually and put them in the correct folders as posted above, then re-delete the Java cache and try again.

Thanks Lex for the patience and guidance!!

Edit:  If you still want me to try the installer on 1.7 JVM, I can, but I think it may just be a problem with 1.8 cleans up code after a failed install in that it was probably a bad download in the beginning and 1.8 continued to use cached checksums regardless of new files with different checksums replacing the bad ones.

I've been downloading the Forge Installer from the Adfly link on the files. minecraftforge.net page under the Promotions section.

http://adf.ly/673885/http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge/minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.1.871.jar

New development on this. I've tried downloading older versions as far back as .859 and am getting the same error on those. That can't be right because I downloaded .870 a few days back and it installed without a single complaint.

I've purged my .minecraft folder, emptied both my FireFox and Java caches (thanx kd0pls) and redownloaded a fresh version of the installer. No luck. The links to the compiler and library that Lex provided just hang at "Connecting..."

Is it possible that something got moved in the server change? Doubtful but I'm running low on ideas here.

-S

Resolved!

Moments after hitting "Post" the libraries finally downloaded from the links that Lex posted. For reasons unknown they took a very long time to connect. Long enough for me to write that post with them trying to connect in the background.

Installed them in the directories very helpfully posted by loordgek, reran the .871 installer and everything was peachy.

Many thanx to all for the help.

-S

We removed tben because they are killing our servers. If you're still having problems you MUST show us the console logs as well as the files that the installer downloaded. Also include yhour os version and jvm version. We NEED information for you guys to figure it out as everyone I've delt with that were having problems are now resolved with the new installer.