Cannot install forge

d3rk

Hello, Ive read the rules and eaq, unfortunately Im a total noob and its all jibberish to me.  Im simply going to have to describe my problem.

I am getting this error message: "These libraries failed to download. Try again. org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.10.2, org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.10.2"

I am starting with a vanilla, untouched minecraft folder.  I am attempting to install forge 1.6.2-9.10.0.837, because this is the recommended version for terrafirmacraft (the reason I want forge).

Im downloading this version of forge from here: http://adf.ly/673885...0.0.837.jar.bcf

The launcher comes up fine.  I click install client.  The download begins, the unpacking begins, then I get the error message.  I have checked and both the library and compiler .jar files are in their proper locations.  Ive even downloaded the files from the internet and replaced the existing ones to no avail.

I did read: "IF you are unable to download scala-library.jar and scala-compiler.jar, UPDATE." in the rules and eaq but Im not sure what that means.  I am running 1.6.2, which is the version I need....

I delete my minecraft folder.  I get a fresh backup.  In minecraft I choose play release 1.6.2 (because I typically use snapshots).  I click play, it launches 1.6.2.  I close.  I go to http://files.minecraftforge.net/  I find latest 9.10.1.871 and click the last link in the line which is installer.  adf.ly pops up I wait the 5 seconds click skip ad.  I save the file named minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.1.871.jar.  I open firefox downloads and click this file and say ok the "open executable file?".  I click open.  I get mod system installer.  I check install client and the file location is correct (Library/Application Support/minecraft) I hit okay it begins "downloading libraries" then the error pops up: "These libraries failed to download. Try again. org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.10.2, org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.10.2"