[1.5.2][MP][Economy][WIP] Cash Creeper Mod (Updated 12/25/13)

Quantum Blade

Cash Creeper

Stalk'n your cash since 1.5.2

Looking for a pure forge replacement for Vault? Is Votifier support a must? Look no further!

Keep in mind that this is very much a work in progress. Many features are yet to be implemented. If you need a particular feature in order to make this mod useable on your server please let me know as I might be able to give that feature some priority. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Planned Features:

• Common API that economy mod makers can use to ensure compatibility.

Bob and Joe can both write an economy mod and even if they know nothing about each others mod, if they both use Cash Creeper, the mods should work together.

• Votifier support.

Cash Creeper supports Votifier via a custom listener and the Forge Votifier port. Mad kudos to Enjineer for that port!

• Permissions / Group Accounts

• Support for SQL backend

Currently Implemented Features:

• Votifier support!
  • Server side only. No need to make your players download anything.
  • User account created automatically on first vote, payment, or deposit.
  • /balance and /balance username commands
  • /withdraw username amount
  • /deposit username amount
  • /pay username amount
  • Config file lets you choose how much to reward a player with upon voting
  • No database needed. Entire economy is saved in a single file.

News:

The much anticipated (by me anyway) version 0.05 is finally here! Apologies for the delay, but I wanted to be sure to have working examples before I pushed out another release. Work, life and other things (including playing Minecraft instead of modding it) got in the way. But I hope you will agree it was worth the wait. It now comes with real java docs and working examples on how to use it!

Download:

CashCreeper1.5.2_V0.05.zip

In order to build your own mod that uses Cash Creeper you will need a deobfuscated version of the mod. You could use a decompiler or something similar... or you could just download this handy, non-obfuscated version I'm providing below. Simply drop it in forge\mcp\src\minecraft and add the .zip as a library.

CashCreeper1.5.2_V0.05_deobf.zip

The javadocs can be found here:

CashCreeper1.5.2_V0.05_docs.zip

Two examples are now available. A very rudimentary beginning of a store mod, and an extremely simple tax mod. They are very VERY basic, but illustrate how to use Cash Creeper should you wish to write your own mod with Cash Creeper as a backend. Even better, the examples are licensed as Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. In short, that means you can use the examples as a basis for your own mods. Just provide credit and a linkback to this thread so that others can have the same opportunity.

CashCreeperSampleStore_src1.5.2_V0.01.zip

CashCreeperSampleTax_src1.5.2_V0.01.zip

Changelog:

Version 0.05

Massive changes. Working API, including java docs (for real this time!) and sample files.

PROXIES!!!

Version 0.04

Don't ask...

Version 0.03

Added methods and interfaces so other mods can register to be informed when a withdrawal or deposit happens.

Version 0.02

Addressed basic permissions. Player must be OP, running single player or commands for everyone must be turned on to enable use of /withdraw, /deposit and /balance <playername> commands.

Added usage so players can get a hint with /help

Added restricted /cashcreeper command so OPs can list and delete accounts. /cashcreeper show accounts and /cashcreeper delete account <accountname>

Version 0.01 - Initial release

Old Versions:

Version 0.04 (Nothing to see here... move along)

Version 0.03

Version 0.02

Version 0.01

Installation:

Just drop the .zip file into your mods directory. Do not unzip! That's all there is to it :)

If you also want Votifier support, you will need to install the forge port of Votifier. Once Votifier is installed and configured, drop the CashCreeperListener.class file in the /config/Votifier/listeners directory.

License:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

0. USED TERMS

MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with or alters the Minecraft software to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.

MOJANG - Mojang AB

OWNER - Quantum Blade (Kevin Keen), Original author of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.

USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod. (You!)

1. LIABILITY

THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME. PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE

Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION

This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER or by entities the OWNER has given permission for its distribution.

The MOD may be distributed in a "private modpack" without issue. Private distribution requires that only "members" be able to access the pack. There cannot be a publicly accessible link. Peer-to-Peer transfer is recommended in this context, or password protected downloads.

ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION

This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

I have discovered that CashCreeper is not the only Forge mod with Votifier support. Forge Essentials also seems to come with Votifier and an economy backend. If your looking for a pure forge solution for world border, permissions and economy I highly suggest you check out Forge Essentials.

I do plan to continue developing CashCreeper for a couple of reasons.

[*]I started CashCreeper and would like to finish it

[*]CashCreeper is more light weight than Forge Essentials (no after install downloads or core mods)

Nevertheless you should check out Forge Essentials. Its remarkably complete for a WIP mod and I use it on my server (except for the voting part. I have to use CashCreeper for that just becase ;) )

Also special thanks to diesieben07, TheGreyGhost and Draco18s for their words of wisdom (especially with proxies!) and to AbrarSyed for his words of encouragement.