Forge installer dose not open :(

chrisinit1

java -jar minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.804.jar cpw.mods.fml.installer.SimpleInstaller

Run that from command prompt.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

• 4 weeks later...

hi i have fixed it lol all i need to do was re-install java :-[

Doesn't work for me. I reinstalled it 9 times. Tried the 64bit version (the one I normally use), the 32bit version, both versions together, tried installing them in different locations, nothing. The .jar installer still doesn't open.

Also tried command prompt and got the same error as you. Tried associating the .jar file-type with Java RE manually, still nothing...

What I haven't tried is installing .NET Framework 3.5. I know some installers actually require 3.5 instead of 4.5, but 3.5 no longer installs on my current OS (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit).

Thoughts?

1) LOG LOG LOG LOG LOG LOG We ALWAYS need logs. If there is anything printed anywhere, and the exact command you're trying we need everything.

2) Java has NOTHING to do with the .net runtime, so ignore anything with that.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

We have made this ungodly easy, if you can't figure out how to run a jar, or run the fix then you're hopeless. Find a person who is a bit more computer inclined and can follow directions.

Also, don't hijack other's threads.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

We have made this ungodly easy, if you can't figure out how to run a jar, or run the fix then you're hopeless. Find a person who is a bit more computer inclined and can follow directions.

Also, don't hijack other's threads.

Oh wow I'm apparently to blame cause the installer doesn't start...

You're calling me an idiot but you can't even tell me what I'm doing wrong...

Forget it, not worth it. I have a better chance on 4chan or Yahoo Answers.

Thanks for nothing.