ModLoader.addName() and addOverride do nothing.

plutgamer

I'm a forge noob.

I wanted to code an item, but nothing works, the sprite override and the name don't work.

This ingame "/give" name is item.unbreakableIngot.name and this inventory name is just an empty String.

Here is my code:

mod_ExtendedItems.java:

package net.minecraft.src;

public class mod_ExtendedItems extends BaseMod {
public static final Item unbreakableIngot = new ItemUnbreakableIngot(150).setItemName("UnbreakableIngot");

@Override
public String getVersion() {
	return "0.1";
}

@Override
public void load() {
	ModLoader.addName(unbreakableIngot, "Unbreakable Ingot");
	unbreakableIngot.iconIndex = ModLoader.addOverride("/gui/items.png", "/ExtendedItems/Items/unbreakableingot.png");
}
}

ItemUnbreakableIngot.java:

package net.minecraft.src;

public class ItemUnbreakableIngot extends Item {
protected ItemUnbreakableIngot(int itemID) {
	super(itemID);
}

}

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

And if I place the png in the wrong place (mcp70a/jars/bin/mods/ExtendedItems/Items/unbreakableingot.png), can anyone tell me where I have to put it?

My code is in the

net.minecraft.src

package if you didn't notice.

Good to know that i'm not the only one with this problem. I used the exact same code (.addName() and .addOverride) as 1.2.5, fml/mcp doesn't give me any errors and the image and name won't load. It seems the fml isn't picking up these overrides, for one item it used an image from minecraft's items.png. I'm using 3.0.20.251 for 1.3.1.

width=800 height=449https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45513981/Images/2012-08-13_20.42.18.png[/img]

ModLoader.addName(cannedspag, "Can of Spagetti");
cannedspag.iconIndex = ModLoader.addOverride("/gui/items.png", "/DayZ/cannedspag.png");

Hmm i'm gonna try forge build 181.

Good to know that i'm not the only one with this problem. I used the exact same code (.addName() and .addOverride) as 1.2.5, fml/mcp doesn't give me any errors and the image and name won't load. It seems the fml isn't picking up these overrides, for one item it used an image from minecraft's items.png. I'm using 3.0.20.251 for 1.3.1.

width=800 height=449https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45513981/Images/2012-08-13_20.42.18.png[/img]

ModLoader.addName(cannedspag, "Can of Spagetti");
cannedspag.iconIndex = ModLoader.addOverride("/gui/items.png", "/DayZ/cannedspag.png");

Hmm i'm gonna try forge build 181.

Thanks for the reply, I hope this get fixed soon. At least I can port it to ModLoader only and then back to Forge, so I can continue developing.