[1.6.2] Broadcast message to All players

yellowscissors

No, wrong section for that...

I think he means method to call on the server to send a message to all players on the server.

Okay that's what I was thinking too. Although if he could tap into and issue a server command, he could use the say command. Otherwise, I know in bukkit you can do server.broadcastMessage(). I'm sure there is something similar...

Why not just use the simple [player].addChatMessage(String par1);

That basically adds a message in the chat to all the players?

You know... There is a reason that you have to use a PLAYER instance to do that. Only that player gets the message I believe. Though I think that if you got an instance of the server, you could then execute the say method.

** EDIT **

After minuscule searching ( I went to the command for /say ) I found this:

MinecraftServer.getServer().getConfigurationManager().sendChatMsg(ChatMessageComponent.func_111077_e("Hello, this is a message")));

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Hahaha Mew i just found that too :P

Yeah use that ^^

Well done mate :D That is how to solve a problem.

Mewniversal Rules to Solving a Problem:

Step 1) What is I want to do?

Step 2) What do I know of that does the same thing or something similar?

Step 3) Look at the other source, or, if there is nothing, proceed to step 4

Step 4) Start working on a solution

Step 5) If you still can't figure it out, ask for help

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

You should make a thread for that and have it stickied my friend ^.^

How would I do that? It would be nice to have that though... Save a lot of trouble -_-

There is also one little rule I have to add to that... Not a step, but a rule. CHECK THE FORUMS FOR YOUR QUESTION OR SOMETHING SIMILAR BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR POST!!!!!!

I can't emphasize that enough.

no sticky, not important enough, just use search next time

also, equivalent :

PacketDispatcher.sendPacket(new Packet3Message(String));

if you want bukkit like code:

just print that in a new file

public class Server{
    public static void broadcastMessage(String message){
        PacketDispatcher.sendPacket(new Packet3Message(message));
    }
}

usage (anywhere server side):

Server.broadcastMessage("PENIS!");

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

I did attempt at searching, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. A search on this forum for "Broadcast message".

The only thread that seemed to have yielded a solution was (http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,5309.msg29091.html#msg29091) which was using a for loop and sendChatToPlayer. He was looking for a better solution, but was never given any.

Even searching and finding what appears to be a valid answer can turn up being useless due to all the syntax changes.

For example, the suggested PacketDispatcher.sendPacket(new Packet3Message(String)); is no longer correct.

It looks like the syntax is changed to: PacketDispatcher.sendPacketToAllPlayers(new Packet3Chat(message));

Is there some place that documents these changes?

It appears the correct syntax

Is there any resource that lists all of the functions and whatnot? I'd gladly search through a reference manual of sorts rather than hoping someone else had asked my question already or post asking it myself.

Thanks for the answers by the way.

Is there any resource that lists all of the functions and whatnot? I'd gladly search through a reference manual of sorts rather than hoping someone else had asked my question already or post asking it myself.

yes its called the source code xD

im not even joking you can find 50% of what you need in there, the other 45% on the wiki and the leftover 5% you should ask about

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-