[1.6.2] Is their a 1.6.2 Minecraft Forge Rendering obj Tutorial

SuperHB

Version is irrelevant, unless you are completely unable to solve a simple texture error by yourself BOTH minalien's and hydroflame's tutorials on the subject will work.

If version is relevant to you and you are not willing to do any work to figure out how to make it work then sorry, there's none and probably never will be one which does not need some tweaking and fixing to get it to work.

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

Version is irrelevant, unless you are completely unable to solve a simple texture error by yourself BOTH minalien's and hydroflame's tutorials on the subject will work.

Re-read this part again, or nvm I'll explain it to you..

If you are capable to fix the texture error of the imported model by yourself (which you should be! Resource Packs and 1.6 has been here a while!) then the two mentioned tutorial author's guides to .obj rendering and importing should work.

I never found a fix for the imported model texture :/ how do you do that for a techne model? :P

You fix textures for .obj the same way as for textures for techne models.

Which is the same way as for anything else.

1.6 changed textures to use ResourceLocation, theres about hundreds of threads and posts on the 1.6 texture changes. And on the wiki there are even tutorials about textures. Like HydroFlame's excellent tutorial on the subject. As well as the MinecraftForum.net having SEVERAL tutorials and posts on the subject.

And that's just mentioning the resources found at forge and mc forums, there's probably even more at other places... so you might want to google around :P

I never found a fix for the imported model texture :/ how do you do that for a techne model? :P

You fix textures for .obj the same way as for textures for techne models.

Which is the same way as for anything else.

1.6 changed textures to use ResourceLocation, theres about hundreds of threads and posts on the 1.6 texture changes. And on the wiki there are even tutorials about textures. Like HydroFlame's excellent tutorial on the subject. As well as the MinecraftForum.net having SEVERAL tutorials and posts on the subject.

And that's just mentioning the resources found at forge and mc forums, there's probably even more at other places... so you might want to google around :P

Well I got the textures for items work. and i never got a regular block to work for some reason...

Well then I would guess you start with that regular block before you jump head first into such a nasty wall as .obj and special rendering -_-'

I mean, shouldn't you learn the easy stuff before you dive into the advance stuff? :P

You'd do good to check out vswe's courses on minecraft modding mate, start with the cup of java and move on from there. Then you should be able to do so much more than this ;)

Well then I would guess you start with that regular block before you jump head first into such a nasty wall as .obj and special rendering -_-'

I mean, shouldn't you learn the easy stuff before you dive into the advance stuff? :P

You'd do good to check out vswe's courses on minecraft modding mate, start with the cup of java and move on from there. Then you should be able to do so much more than this ;)

Do you have a tutorial somewhere because i looked for tutorials and my game would usually crash even though i don't have any errors.

Do you have a tutorial somewhere because i looked for tutorials and my game would usually crash even though i don't have any errors.

Uhm... are you even reading what I'm writing?

Let me try again:

Uhm... are you even reading what I'm writing?

Let me try again:

I was asking for a tutorial on a regular block -.-

Actually a better question, WHY have I spent my spare time on replying to your questions, when all of them could be found be you bothering to do a simple google search or just go to the tutorials linked by this forum on the main page?

I gave you the BEST tutorial for basic blocks and much much more, namely VSWE's courses, and yet still you are unhappy? WTF is your problem..

Actually a better question, WHY have I spent my spare time on replying to your questions, when all of them could be found be you bothering to do a simple google search or just go to the tutorials linked by this forum on the main page?

I gave you the BEST tutorial for basic blocks and much much more, namely VSWE's courses, and yet still you are unhappy? WTF is your problem..

...I don't have a problem... I've tried MANY good and bad tutorials to get regular blocks to work... I haven't found one that works yet...

EDIT: what I meant to say was "And watch my videos if the course work seems to be too complicated or you can't understand it."  Sorry I wrote the original post yesterday when I was sick, so I wasn't thinking quite clearly.

if (You.likescoding == false){
      You.goaway;
}

Or watch my videos, Ill be covering most, if not all of that stuff.

please don't do that... :(

Unless your videos are up to the same standard as the courses don't tell someone to watch them instead of these great courses..

Or watch my videos, Ill be covering most, if not all of that stuff.

please don't do that... :(

Unless your videos are up to the same standard as the courses don't tell someone to watch them instead of these great courses..

I will agree to that. HE LECTURES on these things, it's as if he has a university class to teach this stuff to... :o They are amazing lectures at that. ( Only seen one so far, but hey, AMAZING )

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

I didn't mean to watch them instead of the courses, I mean that if you don't understand part of the course, my videos and so many other people's videos are there to help.

I apologize if I was saying your videos aren't worth watching. I didn't mean it to sound like that if it did. But anyway. It would be quite cool if someone could make a montage of the best videos so that we can have all the best in one video explaining EVERYTHING on the subject... :/ Hmm... I am not doing that :/

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

I didn't mean to watch them instead of the courses, I mean that if you don't understand part of the course, my videos and so many other people's videos are there to help.

I apologize if I was saying your videos aren't worth watching. I didn't mean it to sound like that if it did. But anyway. It would be quite cool if someone could make a montage of the best videos so that we can have all the best in one video explaining EVERYTHING on the subject... :/ Hmm... I am not doing that :/

not quite sure what you mean by a montage.

if (You.likescoding == false){
      You.goaway;
}

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • new to messing with modpacks. the server starts and the pack is playable on personal worlds, but every time i try to enter the server, i get "internal exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Payload may not be larger than 1048576 bytes" and it boots me. not sure what this means. the debug log is essentially gibberish to me and i'm not sure... about anything. is it saying that it's sending me too much data? if it helps at all, my mc username is "leucanella", and the disconnect reasons are near the very bottom (at least once was due to mismatched modlists, but i got that fixed i'm pretty sure). i just can't make sense of it myself. https://gist.github.com/idlebird/c5269e80434a501104f6b99ebc16be46
    • We somehow figured out the issue: Whenever we try to eat a food item from the mod "[Let's Do] Candlelight" that can be eaten multiple times using a feeding upgrade from "Sophisticated Backpacks", that's when we crash. Food items include: - Beef Wellington - Bolognese - Chicken Alfredo - Chicken with Vegetables - Cooked Beef - Fricasse with Hash Browns - Lasagna - Lettuce with Steak - Lettuce with Tomatoes, Potatoes and Carrots - Mushroom Soup - Pasta with Bolognese - Pasta with Tomato Sauce - Pork Ribs - Roastbeef with Carrots - Salmon with White Wine Sauce - Tomato Mozzarella Salad - Tomato Soup - Tropical Fish Supreme
    • Me and my sister are playing on a modded minecraft server, but recently she has been crashing at random intervals and no one I've talked with knows why. There's no crash report on my sister's side, but in the log of the server there appears a bunch of lines every time she crashes. They appear to be mostly similar with different mods changing each crash. Minecraft Version: 1.20.1 Forge version: forge-47.2.20 Server log: [07May2024 18:13:29.067] [Server thread/ERROR] [net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus/EVENTBUS]: Exception caught during firing event: null     Index: 12     Listeners:         0: NORMAL         1: ASM: com.github.alexthe666.citadel.server.CitadelEvents@28c884eb onEntityUpdateDebug(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V         2: net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus$$Lambda$4374/0x00007f0098c72da0@10f79ae2         3: ASM: com.github.alexthe666.alexsmobs.event.ServerEvents@6f4126f3 onLivingUpdateEvent(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V         4: ASM: class tallestegg.illagersweararmor.IWASpawnEvents tickEntity(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V         5: ASM: class io.github.lightman314.lightmanscurrency.common.EventHandler entityTick(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V         6: ASM: com.github.L_Ender.cataclysm.event.ServerEventHandler@1bbd60d8 onLivingUpdateEvent(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V         7: ASM: class io.github.edwinmindcraft.apoli.common.ApoliPowerEventHandler playerTick(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V         8: ASM: class io.github.edwinmindcraft.apoli.common.ApoliEventHandler livingTick(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V         9: net.minecraftforge.eventbus.EventBus$$Lambda$4374/0x00007f0098c72da0@1e30768c         10: ASM: class net.mcreator.borninchaosv.init.EntityAnimationFactory onEntityTick(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V         11: ASM: squeek.appleskin.network.SyncHandler@29e380f7 onLivingTickEvent(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V         12: ASM: top.theillusivec4.curios.common.event.CuriosEventHandler@55b4416c tick(Lnet/minecraftforge/event/entity/living/LivingEvent$LivingTickEvent;)V java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException [07May2024 18:13:29.146] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraft.server.network.ServerConnectionListener/]: Failed to handle packet for /OMITTED IP net.minecraft.ReportedException: Ticking player     at net.minecraft.server.level.ServerPlayer.m_9240_(ServerPlayer.java:530) ~[server-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23461!/:?]     at net.minecraft.server.network.ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.m_9933_(ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.java:262) ~[server-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23461!/:?]     at net.minecraft.network.Connection.m_129483_(Connection.java:263) ~[server-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23461!/:?]     at net.minecraft.server.network.ServerConnectionListener.m_9721_(ServerConnectionListener.java:142) ~[server-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23461!/:?]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_5703_(MinecraftServer.java:907) ~[server-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23461!/:?]     at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.m_5703_(DedicatedServer.java:283) ~[server-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23461!/:?]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_5705_(MinecraftServer.java:814) ~[server-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23461!/:?]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_130011_(MinecraftServer.java:661) ~[server-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23461!/:?]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_206580_(MinecraftServer.java:251) ~[server-1.20.1-20230612.114412-srg.jar%23461!/:?]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) ~[?:?] Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException Mod List: SecurityCraft v1.9.9.jar additional_lights-1.20.1-2.1.7.jar advancements_tracker_1.20.1-6.1.0.jar AI-Improvements-1.20-0.5.2.jar alexsdelight-1.5.jar alexsmobs-1.22.8.jar AmbientSounds_FORGE_v5.3.9_mc1.20.1.jar amendments-1.20-1.1.26.jar appleskin-forge-mc1.20.1-2.5.1.jar Aquaculture-1.20.1-2.5.1.jar aquaculture_delight_1.0.0_forge_1.20.1.jar architectury-9.2.14-forge.jar Arda's Sculks 1.3.2 [FORGE] [1.20.1].jar artifacts-forge-9.5.3.jar async-locator-forge-1.20-1.3.0.jar athena-forge-1.20.1-3.1.2.jar AttributeFix-Forge-1.20.1-21.0.4.jar BadOptimizations-2.1.1.jar badpackets-forge-0.4.3.jar balm-forge-1.20.1-7.2.2.jar beautify-2.0.2.jar BetterAdvancements-1.20.1-0.3.2.162.jar bettercombat-forge-1.8.5+1.20.1.jar BetterF3-7.0.2-Forge-1.20.1.jar betterfarmerscombat-1.2-1.20.1.jar BetterThirdPerson-Forge-1.20-1.9.0.jar BiomesOPlenty-1.20.1-18.0.0.598.jar Bookshelf-Forge-1.20.1-20.1.10.jar born_in_chaos_[Forge]1.20.1_1.2.jar Bountiful-6.0.3+1.20.1-forge.jar caelus-forge-3.2.0+1.20.1.jar camera-forge-1.20.1-1.0.8.jar canary-mc1.20.1-0.3.3.jar chat_heads-0.10.32-forge-1.20.jar Chimes-v2.0.1-1.20.1.jar Chipped-forge-1.20.1-3.0.6.jar chunksending-1.20.1-2.8.jar Chunky-1.3.136.jar citadel-2.5.4-1.20.1.jar cloth-config-11.1.118-forge.jar Clumps-forge-1.20.1-12.0.0.3.jar cluttered-2.1-1.20.1.jar connectedglass-1.1.11-forge-mc1.20.1.jar Controlling-forge-1.20.1-12.0.2.jar corpse-forge-1.20.1-1.0.12.jar cosmeticarmorreworked-1.20.1-v1a.jar CreativeCore_FORGE_v2.11.27_mc1.20.1.jar creeperoverhaul-3.0.2-forge.jar Croptopia-1.20.1-FORGE-3.0.4.jar ctia-1.20.1-forge-2.0.9.jar cupboard-1.20.1-2.6.jar curios-forge-5.9.0+1.20.1.jar CustomPlayerModels-1.20-0.6.16c.jar darktimer-forge-1.20.1-1.0.9.jar dotbe-1.20.1-1.5.5.jar dummmmmmy-1.20-1.8.14.jar DungeonsArise-1.20.x-2.1.58-release.jar DungeonsAriseSevenSeas-1.20.x-1.0.2-forge.jar dye_depot-1.0.0-forge.jar dynamiclights-v1.7.1-mc1.17x-1.20x-mod.jar easy_mob_farm_1.20.1-7.1.0.jar elevatorid-1.20.1-lex-1.9.jar embeddium-0.3.17+mc1.20.1-all.jar embeddiumplus-1.20.1-v1.2.8.jar emotecraft-for-MC1.20.1-2.2.7-b.build.50-forge.jar EnchantmentDescriptions-Forge-1.20.1-17.0.14.jar EnderMail-1.20.1-1.2.9.jar endermanoverhaul-forge-1.20.1-1.0.4.jar endersdelight-1.20.1-1.0.3.jar entityculling-forge-1.6.2-mc1.20.1.jar EpheroLib-1.20.1-FORGE-1.2.0.jar fantasyfurniture-1.20.1-9.0.0.jar FarmersDelight-1.20.1-1.2.4.jar farmersutils-1.0.5-1.20.1.jar Fastload-Reforged-mc1.20.1-3.4.0.jar fastpaintings-1.20-1.2.5.jar ferritecore-6.0.1-forge.jar friendsandfoes-forge-mc1.20.1-2.0.10.jar ftb-essentials-forge-2001.2.2.jar ftb-library-forge-2001.2.1.jar fusion-1.1.1-forge-mc1.20.1.jar geckolib-forge-1.20.1-4.4.4.jar getittogetherdrops-forge-1.20-1.3.jar handcrafted-forge-1.20.1-3.0.6.jar IllagerInvasion-v8.0.5-1.20.1-Forge.jar illagersweararmor-1.20.1-1.3.4.jar ImmediatelyFast-Forge-1.2.13+1.20.4.jar immersive_melodies-0.1.0+1.20.1-forge.jar Incendium_1.20.4_v5.3.4.jar Item_Obliterator-FORGE-MC1.20.1-1.7.0.jar Jade-1.20.1-forge-11.8.0.jar jei-1.20.1-forge-15.3.0.4.jar journeymap-1.20.1-5.9.20-forge.jar Kambrik-6.1.1+1.20.1-forge.jar kotlinforforge-4.10.0-all.jar L_Enders_Cataclysm-1.99.2 -1.20.1.jar LeavesBeGone-v8.0.0-1.20.1-Forge.jar letmedespawn-forge-1.20.x-1.2.0.jar letsdo-addon-compat-forge-v1.4.1.jar letsdo-API-forge-1.2.9-forge.jar letsdo-bakery-forge-1.1.8.jar letsdo-beachparty-forge-1.1.4-1.jar letsdo-brewery-forge-1.1.6.jar letsdo-candlelight-forge-1.2.11.jar letsdo-herbalbrews-forge-1.0.6.jar letsdo-meadow-forge-1.3.8.jar letsdo-nethervinery-forge-1.2.10.jar letsdo-vinery-forge-1.4.15.jar lightmanscurrency-1.20.1-2.2.1.3b.jar lionfishapi-1.8.jar magicvibedecorations-HALLOWEEN 1.5.0 1.20.1 forge.jar make_bubbles_pop-0.2.0-forge-mc1.19.4+.jar memoryleakfix-forge-1.17+-1.1.5.jar MobLassos-v8.0.1-1.20.1-Forge.jar modelfix-1.15.jar moonlight-1.20-2.11.14-forge.jar morediscs-1.20.1-33-forge.jar MouseTweaks-forge-mc1.20-2.25.jar Necronomicon-Forge-1.4.2.jar nether-s-exoticism-1.20.1-1.2.7.jar nethersdelight-1.20.1-4.0.jar nomowanderer-1.20.1_1.6.4.jar oculus-mc1.20.1-1.7.0.jar origins-forge-1.20.1-1.10.0.7-all.jar origins-plus-plus-2.2-forge.jar Paraglider-forge-20.1.3.jar Patchouli-1.20.1-84-FORGE.jar Paxi-1.20-Forge-4.0.jar Pehkui-3.8.0+1.20.1-forge.jar player-animation-lib-forge-1.0.2-rc1+1.20.jar PlayerRevive_FORGE_v2.0.24_mc1.20.1.jar plushies-1.4.0-forge.jar polymorph-forge-0.49.3+1.20.1.jar projectvibrantjourneys-1.20.1-6.0.0.jar PuzzlesLib-v8.1.18-1.20.1-Forge.jar resourcefulconfig-forge-1.20.1-2.1.2.jar resourcefullib-forge-1.20.1-2.1.24.jar right-click-harvest-3.2.3+1.20.1-forge.jar rubidium-extra-0.5.4.3+mc1.20.1-build.121.jar Runelic-Forge-1.20.1-18.0.2.jar saturn-mc1.20.1-0.1.3.jar sawmill-1.20-1.3.13.jar scholar-1.20.1-1.0.0-forge.jar screenshot_viewer-1.2.1-forge-mc1.20.1.jar Searchables-forge-1.20.1-1.0.2.jar selfexpression-2.8 1.20.1.jar servercore-forge-1.5.1+1.20.1.jar ShulkerArmory_1.20.1_1.2.1_hotfix.jar simplehats-forge-1.20.1-0.2.4.jar simplevoicechat_broadcast-mc1.20.1-1.0.1.jar simplyswords-forge-1.55.0-1.20.1.jar smoothboot(reloaded)-mc1.20.1-0.0.4.jar Sniffer+-forge-1.20.1-0.3.0.jar sophisticatedbackpacks-1.20.1-3.20.5.1044.jar sophisticatedcore-1.20.1-0.6.21.609.jar sophisticatedstorage-1.20.1-0.10.21.793.jar spark-1.10.53-forge.jar stalwart-dungeons-1.20.1-1.2.8.jar starlight-1.1.2+forge.1cda73c.jar step-1.20.1-1.2.2.jar supermartijn642corelib-1.1.17-forge-mc1.20.1.jar supplementaries-1.20-2.8.10.jar temporalapi-1.5.0.jar TerraBlender-forge-1.20.1-3.0.1.4.jar Terralith_1.20.4_v2.4.11.jar toms_storage-1.20-1.6.6.jar torchmaster-20.1.6.jar trashslot-forge-1.20-15.1.0.jar treasuredistance-1.20-1.2.jar tru.e-ending-v1.1.0c.jar v_slab_compat-1.20-2.3.jar vintagedelight-0.0.12.jar vmp-fabric-mc1.20.1-0.2.0+beta.7.101-all.jar voicechat-forge-1.20.1-2.5.11.jar waystones-forge-1.20-14.1.3.jar WI-Zoom-1.5-MC1.20.1-Forge.jar worldedit-mod-7.2.15.jar wsopulence1.2.0_Forge_MC1.20.1-1.20.4.jar xlpackets-1.18.2-2.1.jar YungsApi-1.20-Forge-4.0.4.jar YungsBetterEndIsland-1.20-Forge-2.0.6.jar YungsBetterNetherFortresses-1.20-Forge-2.0.6.jar YungsBetterOceanMonuments-1.20-Forge-3.0.4.jar YungsBetterStrongholds-1.20-Forge-4.0.3.jar
    • Like the title i wanted to render a obj model into minecraft but i cant find any tutorials for this.
    • Hi, I'm making a necklace that stores relics with Curios mod integration. Right-clicking on a diamond currently opens the GUI, but I don't know how to store the items within it. Can anyone help me with this? (minecraft 1.20.1) -> My mod Gith https://github.com/Susakushii/SusakushiMods
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.