[HELP] Custom slot in inventory

Googleman

Hi All! I made my slot for ContainerPlayer.java, but when I put back an item that item appears in the slot for a helmet.

48VZ9.jpg

SlotBackpack

package net.minecraft.inventory;

import mods.AdventureCraft.src.BackpackItem;

import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;

class SlotBackpack extends Slot

{

final ContainerPlayer inventory;

SlotBackpack(ContainerPlayer containerplayer, IInventory iinventory, int i, int j, int k, int l)

{

super(iinventory, i, j, k);

inventory = containerplayer;

}

public int getSlotStackLimit()

{

return 1;

}

public boolean isItemValid(ItemStack itemstack)

{

return itemstack.getItem() instanceof BackpackItem;

}

}

Add my slot in ContainerPlayer.java

for (i = 0; i < 1; ++i)

{

this.addSlotToContainer(new SlotBackpack(this, par1InventoryPlayer, par1InventoryPlayer.getSizeInventory() - 1, 60, 8 + 2 * 18, 100));

}

Please, help me. And sorry for my bad English :)

• 3 weeks later...

Might I suggest opening a custom Gui with your Item Backpack rather than editing the base inventory gui? For an example of this, check out my tutorial on creating an Item that stores an Inventory: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1949352-creating-an-item-that-stores-an-inventory/

If you want an extra inventory slot to store the item, like I see you are doing, you could store it in IExtendedEntityProperties and assign a special key to open your custom player inventory to allow access to your custom slot. If you need help with IExtendedEntityProperties, I also have a tutorial on that:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1952901-eventhandler-and-iextendedentityproperties/#entry24051513

I've done this exact thing helping out some guys making a Naruto mod - they needed custom inventory slots for Sharingan Eyes, and I did it like I outlined above.