• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Please post the client debug.log as well.
    • 1.12 is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.
    • Hello, I encountered a problem when I start a world on minecraft in 1.12.2 version, I put down all my mods and the crash report. This problem happens when I put the world's generation through Biome O plenty only. I don't know anything about programming and that's why I need your help. I tested different versions of forge, uninstalled and reinstalled Biome O plenty . I was able to start a new world, but as soon as I teleported to some coordinates, I crashed and it is now impossible to start a new world. Thanks again for the help, I'm here for any questions. crash-2020-05-29_20.23.26-server.txt
    • If you just want a client-side GUI all you need to do is extend the Screen class and call displayGuiScreen. Just make sure to use DistExecutor (and possibly World#isRemote) to run it on the client only.
    • Hey all,   I'm working on implementing a lore book to my mod.  It works similarly to vanilla books, except the text is all predefined.  As such, I'm trying to figure out how to create and access a GUI for it.  My question is, I'm not sure if I need to use a container for it, or if it even needs serverside access at all.  I'm planning on using info that's drawn from the mod's lang file and a player capability (which I've already coded to sync to the client), and it shouldn't need to send any info back to the server (nothing the player can edit except the currently viewed page, which I can easily handle via the client) so if I'm understanding everything right, it doesn't actually need to pull any data from the server.  As such, I'm not sure if I need to use a container at all, or if I should just make it a screen.  However, I want to ensure that I'm doing this properly.   I see that ClientPlayerEntity uses the following method... (which is called from the book items) public void openBook(ItemStack stack, Hand hand) { Item item = stack.getItem(); if (item == Items.WRITABLE_BOOK) { this.mc.displayGuiScreen(new EditBookScreen(this, stack, hand)); } }   So I'm guessing I may need to do something like that.  Is this.mc.displayGUIScreen() the right method to use for modded GUIs?  Do I need to register the GUI anywhere, or if it's not linked to a container can I just open it like this?  I assume I need a client safe method to call to open this, so I'm guessing I should run that method through my proxy for safety?  Is there anything I should be aware of when it comes to using a client-only screen, and is there any reason I might still want to opt to use a container in this case?  If the method is clientside only, is there anything special I need to do to block movement (or anything else noteworthy)?   Thanks, and have a great day.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)