Minecraft Forge Pocket Edition

koziejka_com

Minecrfat Forge shoud be available for minecraft pocket edition.

I know that PE dosen't have all blocks and objects that are in the full version for PC

but todays smartphones have enough computing power to play with all that stuff and more.

So maby forge can add those blocks and items to PE and help PE moders as well as it do on computer version

thanks for reading this suggestion

• Thanks 1

Pocket Edition isn't in java. It's in whatever code it needs for the mobile platforms.

And it's hell to mod pocket edition.

So common sense says, no.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

Its one of the things i'll eventually look into, However they are two COMPLETELY separate projects. Forge mods will never run on pocket edition without major work on the modder's end.

However, a project that *might* translate to the Pocket edition would be something like Bukkit which creates a full abstraction layer that the plugins don't care about whats underneath {then again the bulk of fancy plugins still interact with the underlying MC code.. soo there's issues there.}

Humm from reading the thread and looking at the app, it definitly doesnt look like it'll be possible.

Two completely different languages.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 5 months later...

I have actually been working on a Lua mod loader for the Minecraft PE on iOS for a couple of days, but it's not even close to testing. It uses Cydia Substrate, thus it requires a jailbroken device. Unlike Minecraft Forge, it hooks the code and inject the patches at run-time, and the app is never decompiled nor edited directly.

Jail broken devices as a requirement is not viable, as all but like 1% of players will be able to access it.

Either way, the point still stands that Forge isn't going to pocket edition unless something major changes.

Not to mention the need for Apple dev tools.

But, ya, sadly when it comes to other platforms moding is possible but not feasible due to them not giving you the access you need to your own hardware -.-

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Again, The requirement of a JailBroken device, to target a audance that is typically made up of little kids who are on there parents hardware won't be viable.

Yes, it's true that you will get a few dedicated followers. But But with all the other work that's mounted, I don't see modders even bothering to release mods for that small of a userbase. They would probably do it to entertain themselves, but meh. unless soemthing durastically changes, like I get nothing but free time, jailbrekaing becomes easier/standard, or what have you. Then i don't see forge moving over.

• 2 weeks later...

Again, The requirement of a JailBroken device, to target a audance that is typically made up of little kids who are on there parents hardware won't be viable.

Yes, it's true that you will get a few dedicated followers. But But with all the other work that's mounted, I don't see modders even bothering to release mods for that small of a userbase. They would probably do it to entertain themselves, but meh. unless soemthing durastically changes, like I get nothing but free time, jailbrekaing becomes easier/standard, or what have you. Then i don't see forge moving over.

Would Android be any different?

No, Android is about as locked down as iOS devices.

It's really only PCs that we have the unfettered access to things that we do, and even then it's not COMPLETELY open. {For good reason}.

There is no seperate project, and if there was one, under the Forge banner, it would be on this forum. But as I said, it's not gunna happen. requiring your end users to root there devices to use your mod is not viable.