Block texture not updating based on TileEntity variable

decebaldecebal

Hello,

So I have made a multiblock structure that works perfectly.Now the only problem I have is to change the when the multiblock is formed.

Well let me explain you...I use this function to change the texture:

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
@Override
    public Icon getBlockTexture(IBlockAccess access, int x, int y, int z, int side)
    {
	ACRTileE tile_entity = (ACRTileE) access.getBlockTileEntity(x, y, z);
	if(tile_entity.isValid)
		if(side==tile_entity.formedSide)
			return iconFront;
	return blockIcon;
    }

When the multiblock is formed, the variable isValid inside the tile entity is set to true and the formedSide variable is set to the metadata of the last block used to form the structure so the textures is displayed on the correct side.THIS WORKS.When the multiblock is formed, the texture on that side changes.

The problem is that when one of the multiblock's blocks is destroyed, the variable isValid is set to false so that should update the blocks texture to the default one, but it does not work.I marked the blocks for update but it still does not work...

EDIT: I kind of resolved the problem using Packets, but the block texture only updates if a block near that block receives a block update...

And also, I wanted to send the packet using

PacketDispatcher.sendPacketToAllAround(X, Y, Z, range, dimensionId, packet)

from my TileEntity but I couldn't find a way to get the dimensionId from anywhere.