Please help

SolidDiamondz

Hello I am following the forge tutorial and Im having some errors.

http://pastebin.com/Z3hUiq3V

http://pastebin.com/Fi8YdHUH

On java part 1 I am having a problem with this line of code

public final static Block newguyOre = new newguyOre(5001, Material.rock);

on part two I am having trouble with setBlockName("newguyOre");

If anybody can tell me what to change that'd be great

I do have some other classes but I dont think that's needed, tell me if you need them!

Which tutorials are you following???

Try this:

public final static Block newguyOre = new Block(5001, Material.rock);

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Also mew, is there any person I can add on steam for something so I dont need to post a billion Forge Modder Support posts?

Umm, maybe try going to the Forge IRC????

And the problem is in the ID for the block. Change it to 501 and all should be sweet xD

If you want, just keep posting in this topic and I will check it everytime I see it has been posted in :)

And If I can't help Ill bring in some of the big guns xD

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD

Also mew, is there any person I can add on steam for something so I dont need to post a billion Forge Modder Support posts?

And the problem is in the ID for the block. Change it to 501 and all should be sweet xD

If you want, just keep posting in this topic and I will check it everytime I see it has been posted in :)

THanks, you're really helping me. I changed some code and I get this (I dont think me changing a part of the code was the cause)

Dang crash reports

http://pastebin.com/j5iJgAAc

Also, if you're on steam can I add you?

THanks, you're really helping me. I changed some code and I get this (I dont think me changing a part of the code was the cause)

Dang crash reports

Sorry I am not on steam :/

Also, it seems you are using the wrong event handler class.

Try something like reinstalling your setup. Something weird that I can't see is going wrong. It seems like some Java Reflection is taking place, but I don't know what the hell its doing :/

Dang crash reports

Sorry I am not on steam :/

Also, it seems you are using the wrong event handler class.

Try something like reinstalling your setup. Something weird that I can't see is going wrong. It seems like some Java Reflection is taking place, but I don't know what the hell its doing :/

Hey, I fixed the problem, it was a minor bug. Now I have 1 bug, I set the language and registry thing to Arumite Ingot and Arumite Item, but it returns as item.newguyItem.name and item.newguyIngot.name

I'm fairly new to modding too and I just went through these tutorials yesterday. I made the same mistake you have with the item names. You've created your items but you may not have registered the names. In the loading event of your mod, you need to use something like this:

LanguageRegistry.addName(unlocalizedNameYouChose, "Human Readable Name You Want");

That line has to be somewhere in the FMLInitializationEvent block otherwise, it won't work the way you want it to.

is there any person I can add on steam for something so I dont need to post a billion Forge Modder Support posts?

no keep it on the forums, because suppose you add me and ask me something, if i dont know about it youll have to post something anyway. plus if im not there you wont be able to continue, while if its always on the forums someone will answer ASAP and togheter we have way mroe knowledge then an invdividual.

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-