Rendering a Block with a techne model

Mii1128

As far as I know, you'll need a TileEntity. It can be very simple though (an empty class will do). When you have this TileEntity, you can register it along with your render class with

ClientRegistry.bindTileEntitySpecialRenderer(Class<? extends TileEntity> tileEntityClass, TileEntitySpecialRenderer specialRenderer)

provided that your render class is an instance of TileEntitySpecialRenderer.

Author of PneumaticCraft, MineChess, Minesweeper Mod and Sokoban Mod. Visit www.minemaarten.com to take a look at them.

HydroFlame's tutorials are the best you can get on the topic, I would suggest you rather look into them:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Tile_entity_special_renderer 

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Tessellator

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Using_wavefront_model

They should provide a nice read, make sure you do the pre-reqs before starting else your life might get a bit harder than it has to ;)

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

hydroflame, you are so original and talented — use your own methods instead of standard ones, model .obj files instead of ModelBase, say regular ways 'suck' and so on...

I want to resemble you, that not everybody is good in 3D modelling, and Techne (or FMCModeler) is much easier for beginners like OP. So, maybe you'll stop your vainglory and saying easy ways are 'fucking retarded' (that is also rude, if you didn't know.)?

If i helped you, don't forget pressing "Thank You" button. Thanks for your time.

there's really no difference in term of difficulty between using wavefront or techne, except techne will only allow you to use very primitive shapes while wavefront you can do anything. sure the learning curve of every 3d model editor is a bit bigger, but at least you get legitimately good models.

also, ease off the sarcasm

and btw, yes some code notch made is pretty retarded, tweaking it a little can give you MUCH more power.

So, maybe you'll stop your vainglory

I don't think you've noticed that I'm actually giving my utility code away. I'm not some douchebag that's just posting that he has better code but doesn't share it

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

hydroflame, you are so original and talented — use your own methods instead of standard ones, model .obj files instead of ModelBase, say regular ways 'suck' and so on...

I want to resemble you, that not everybody is good in 3D modelling, and Techne (or FMCModeler) is much easier for beginners like OP. So, maybe you'll stop your vainglory and saying easy ways are 'fucking retarded' (that is also rude, if you didn't know.)?

Jeez, whats with the sarcasm? I work with hydroflame, he is quite the nice guy once you get to know him xD

Just because someone is stating their opinion on something, doesn't mean you have to yell at them. Get to know people before you comment about them. And he has a point when he says that he shares his code, he helps me all the time xD

I am Mew. The Legendary Psychic. I behave oddly and am always playing practical jokes.

I have also found that I really love making extremely long and extremely but sometimes not so descriptive variables. Sort of like what I just did there xD