ForgeModloader II- The Future of Modding [PLZ READ]

foreverblu

chicken_bones is a good modder

ML is crap

if CodeChickenLoader is good you can use it

Goodness, CCL IS NOT AN ALTERNATIVE MODLOADER!

CCL just serves as a more dynamic way to load mods from the file system, and still depends on Forge/FML at the end of the day. It does not have anything most modders would want.

Just use FML.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

One small diference between FML 1.3.1 and ML 1.3.1:

FML

public static void addSmelting(int input, ri output)
  {
    GameRegistry.addSmelting(input, output, 1.0F);
  }

ML

public static void addSmelting(int i, ri itemstack, float xp)
  {
    ta.a().a(i, itemstack, xp);
  }

This causes a mod that is suposed to be compatible with forge to not be, and I would say Risu is the winner here. just add an alternative addSmeting meathod that can handle costum exp values and I'll be happy.

One small diference between FML 1.3.1 and ML 1.3.1:

FML

public static void addSmelting(int input, ri output)
  {
    GameRegistry.addSmelting(input, output, 1.0F);
  }

ML

public static void addSmelting(int i, ri itemstack, float xp)
  {
    ta.a().a(i, itemstack, xp);
  }

This causes a mod that is suposed to be compatible with forge to not be, and I would say Risu is the winner here. just add an alternative addSmeting meathod that can handle costum exp values and I'll be happy.

You CLEARLY don't know what you are talking about. That function is clearly one that has not been updated yet, since minecraft now gives XP for smelting and because forge is not yet entirely done for 1.3.x.

Additionally, forge contains tons of better APIs for doing general stuff and a lot of the classes (but not the majority) are mainly there added begrudgingly for compatibility.

Forge and FML are also being developed way more open then Risu's Modloader and  therefore have way better community support.

Additionally the build in multiplayer support is way better then ModloaderMP.

Edit:

TL;DR: It isn't as much a race between FML and ML as it is FML pushing cripple old ML forward in a wheelchair.

My tutorial series on the wiki has been discontinued until I get the hang of forge for 3.1.x and just everything from forge in general.

TL;DR: It isn't as much a race between FML and ML as it is FML pushing cripple old ML forward in a wheelchair.

You can't really compare the two like that. FML is an API, and ML is a system that allows it to exist.

width=300 height=100http://i.imgur.com/ivK3J.png[/img]

I'm a little surprised that I am still ranked as a "Forge Modder," having not posted a single mod since my animals mod... I have to complete Digging Deeper!, fast!

You can't really compare the two like that. FML is an API, and ML is a system that allows it to exist.

Allows what to exist?

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I assume you mean that ML loads the mods. FML also does this, that is why they're both called ModLoader. What forge also does is give it's own API to do things, but however also provides the modloader functions to keep compatibility with the mods for modloader, but only does so because a mod author didn't switch to forge yet or refused to switch for whatever reason.

My tutorial series on the wiki has been discontinued until I get the hang of forge for 3.1.x and just everything from forge in general.