[SOLVED] Rotate an Icon

Sag73

I am trying to rotate the top texture of a block base on its metadata.  I have looked everywhere and I have had no luck.  I have looked at other blocks such as the piston and wooden logs but they have been no help because the deobfuscation is quite poor (no offence to the MCP team they do a great job but deobfuscation is normally pretty bad whoever is doing it and I don't get why Mojang obfuscate their code if they are meant to be so supportive of modding but that is another subject).  I have also tried IconFlipped and it has been no use.

The source for my block is at https://github.com/Sag73/Omnitech-mcmod/blob/master/omnitech_common/sag73/omnitech/block/BlockConveyor.java.

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

Source of all my public mods are available on my Github.  Go there and look for a snippet if you're stuck with something.

if you're using ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler ... you can still use glPushMatrix and popmatrix

and if he doesnt change the meta when rendering (which obviously he shouldnt ) there shouldn be any "reseting"

OR

im high

you chose

how to debug 101:http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Debug_101

-hydroflame, author of the forge revolution-

• 2 months later...

You need to make an ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler for your block. Then you can use the fields uvRotate[East|West|North|South|Top|Bottom] in the RenderBlocks instance you're provided with to specify how often the specific side should be rotated. Be sure to reset them to 0 afterwards or other blocks might get screwed.

Thanks!  I know it's been some time since your post but how do I reset it to 0 afterwards?  GL11 push and pop matrix don't seem to work with ISBRH.

Here is the source so far.

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

Source of all my public mods are available on my Github.  Go there and look for a snippet if you're stuck with something.