public ItemModDisc(int id, String recordName) {
	super(id, recordName);
	this.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabMisc);
	this.maxStackSize = 1;
}
// Rest of your ItemRecord code...
}

Then to your main class, add your constructor with one change:

modDisc = (new ItemModDisc(modDiscID, "your_modname_lowercased:moddisc")).setUnlocalizedName("moddisc");

Put your ogg to the assets/your_modname_lowercased/records and keep the name same as above (so my custom

record is moddisc.ogg and path is then assets/my_mods_name/records/moddisc.ogg

And load it the the soundPoolStreaming (in your sound load event handler) for example like this:

event.manager.soundPoolStreaming.addSound("your_modname_lowercased:moddisc.ogg");

Note that you don't use folder records in handler because soundPoolStreaming is looking always from /assets/your_modname_lowercased/records

like soundPoolSounds is looking from /assets/your_modname_lowercased/sounds

And there it is, your custom record which works just fine =)

edit: Little clean up for code because I copy pasted it without removing unneeded lines...

GOT IT =D

Here's how:

Extend ItemRecord like...

public class ItemModDisc extends ItemRecord {

public final String recordName;

public ItemModDisc(int id, String recordName) {
	super(id, recordName);
	this.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabMisc);
	this.maxStackSize = 1;
	this.recordName = "moddisc";
}

Then to your main class, add your constructor with one change:

modDisc = (new ItemModDisc(modDiscID, "your_modname_lowercased:moddisc")).setUnlocalizedName("moddisc");

Put your ogg to the assets/your_modname_lowercased/records and keep the name same as above (so my custom

record is moddisc.ogg and path is then assets/my_mods_name/records/moddisc.ogg

And load it the the soundPoolStreaming (in your sound load event handler) for example like this:

event.manager.soundPoolStreaming.addSound("your_modname_lowercased:moddisc.ogg");

Note that you don't use folder records in handler because soundPoolStreaming is looking always from /assets/your_modname_lowercased/records

like soundPoolSounds is looking from /assets/your_modname_lowercased/sounds

And there it is, your custom record which works just fine =)

The jukebox accepts the disc, but this text is showing up (Now Playing: C418 - blablabla) and the sound doesn't play. I put the soundfile into /assets/myModid/records/.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ Click it please? :3 ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

You may want to change this:

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

/**
     * Return the title for this record.
     */
    public String getRecordTitle()
    {
        return "C418 - " + this.recordName;
    }

To whatever it is you want.

In your constructor, this is useless:

because it is already done by the call to super(id, recordName);

You can also remove:

this field already exists in the parent class.

You may want to change this:

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

/**
     * Return the title for this record.
     */
    {
        return "C418 - " + this.recordName;
    }

To whatever it is you want.

In your constructor, this is useless:

because it is already done by the call to super(id, recordName);

You can also remove:

this field already exists in the parent class.

Thank you! The name is fixed now. But what about the sound not playing? I put the file into the right directory :/

Ok then.. double check your directory structure because you won't get any error message to the console if Minecraft

doesn't find your music file. Oh and another thing, I haven't tested any other formats than .ogg so I'm not sure about

other formats..

Edit: Hey...can I see your soundloader because the problem could be there?

Registering of the SoundLoader in PreInit:

MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(new SoundHandler());

SoundHandler.java:

package MoreDimensions.handler;

import net.minecraft.client.audio.SoundManager;
import net.minecraftforge.client.event.sound.SoundLoadEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.event.ForgeSubscribe;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;
import MoreDimensions.MoreDimensions;

public class SoundLoader 
{
@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
@ForgeSubscribe
public void onSoundsLoaded(SoundLoadEvent event)
{
	SoundManager manager = event.manager;

manager.soundPoolSounds.addSound(MoreDimensions.modid + ":KsTBeats - Explosive.ogg");
	manager.soundPoolSounds.addSound(MoreDimensions.modid + ":KsTBeats - Frequenz.ogg");
	manager.soundPoolSounds.addSound(MoreDimensions.modid + ":KsTBeats - Recent.ogg");
	manager.soundPoolSounds.addSound(MoreDimensions.modid + ":KsTBeats - Rising Again.ogg");
	manager.soundPoolSounds.addSound(MoreDimensions.modid + ":KsTBeats - Watching.ogg");
}
}

My modid is moredimensions and my folder structure is \assets\moredimensions\records\KsTBeats - Explosive.ogg and the other ones.

EDIT: I tried mp3 and it didn't work either.

Couple things that could effect..

MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(new SoundHandler()); so Class name (compilation unit) should be also

SoundHandler (see your SoundHandler.java, line: public class SoundLoader )

Music discs should be loaded to soundPoolStreaming, not to the soundPoolSounds. You see, soundPoolSounds gets

sounds from the directory /assets/modid/sounds/file.ogg and soundPoolStreaming from /assets/modid/records/file.ogg

Also, I wouldn't recommend to use spaces in filenames..

I renamed SoundHandler to SoundLoader while I made this post so a couple things are messed up, but everything is called SoundLoader. I changed everything to soundPoolStraming and to explosive instead of KsTBeats - Explosvie as well as the file name, and it still doesn't work. This is my init part btw:

explosiveDisc = new Explosive(explosiveDiscID, modid + ":explosive").setUnlocalizedName("explosiveDisc").setCreativeTab(moreDimensionsSound);

Did you also remember to change

manager.soundPoolSounds.addSound(MoreDimensions.modid + ":KsTBeats - Explosive.ogg");    to

manager.soundPoolStreaming.addSound(MoreDimensions.modid + ":KsTBeats - Explosive.ogg");

(or manager.soundPoolStreaming.addSound(MoreDimensions.modid + ":explosive.ogg"); if you changed everything to lowercased)

..?

I'm running out of ideas...the only thing you haven't change is the way you use your sound loader.

So try remove line SoundManager manager = event.manager because you don't need it. Just use:

@ForgeSubscribe

public void onSoundsLoaded(SoundLoadEvent event)

{

event.manager.soundPoolStreaming.addSound(MoreDimensions.modid + ":explosive.ogg");

//and so on...

}

...to load your music disc.

edit: And by the way...I'm registering my items in load, and sounds in preinit...just to let you know..

mm....can you show me your extended ItemRecord?

package MoreDimensions.music;

import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IconRegister;
import net.minecraft.item.EnumRarity;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemRecord;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import MoreDimensions.MoreDimensions;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;
import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

public class Explosive extends ItemRecord
{	
    public Explosive(int id, String recordName)
    {
        super(id, recordName);
        this.maxStackSize = 1;
    }

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    {
        return "KsTBeats - Explosive";
    }

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public EnumRarity getRarity(ItemStack par1ItemStack)
    {
        return EnumRarity.rare;
    }

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public void registerIcons(IconRegister reg)
    {
    	this.itemIcon = reg.registerIcon(MoreDimensions.modid + ":record_explosive");
    }
}