Negating Fall Damage whilst holding item

GravityWolf

Ok, so when my item is right clicked, it sends the player launching in the direction they are looking. (Thank you hydroflame :D) This would be fine, but, however, if the player is in survival mode, they, of course, take massive amounts of fall damage. So, this is what I tried doing (yes, I do have the fallDistance variable):

@Override
public ItemStack onItemRightClick(ItemStack itemStack, World world, EntityPlayer player) {

player.motionY = 0.7;
	double calculatedX = 10 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin(player.rotationYaw/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	double calculatedZ = 10 * (double) (MathHelper.cos(player.rotationYaw	/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI)* MathHelper.cos(player.rotationPitch / 180.0F* (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	double calculatedY = 10 * (double) (-MathHelper.sin((player.rotationPitch)/ 180.0F * (float) Math.PI) * 0.4f);
	player.motionY = calculatedY;
	player.motionX = calculatedX;
	player.motionZ = calculatedZ;
	player.fallDistance = 0.0f;

return itemStack;

}

Of course, though, when you right click again, it just makes you fly again, adding more fallDistance, which means you always take fall damage. I'm having trouble finding a fix. If I could find a way to do a loop when holding this item (It would be OK to negate all fall damage when holding this) and continually set fall distance to 0. Of course, I have very limited Java knowledge so I do not know how to do this. If someone could help, that would be great! :D

put this in your item class, It gets called every tick on both sides so should work:

@Override
public void onUpdate(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World,
		Entity par3Entity, int par4, boolean par5) {
	super.onUpdate(par1ItemStack, par2World, par3Entity, par4, par5);
	par3Entity.fallDistance = 0;
}

have fun :)

put this in your item class, It gets called every tick on both sides so should work:

@Override
public void onUpdate(ItemStack par1ItemStack, World par2World,
		Entity par3Entity, int par4, boolean par5) {
	super.onUpdate(par1ItemStack, par2World, par3Entity, par4, par5);
	par3Entity.fallDistance = 0;
}

have fun :)

Applause to you, sir! I could never figure out this kinda code on my own xD I am new to coding.

hardly anything complicated, it's overriding a single vanilla method and adding a single line of code...

I would take a look at learning a bit more basic coding before you continue with modding. If you want to make anything worthwhile you will need a lot more knowledge

hardly anything complicated, it's overriding a single vanilla method and adding a single line of code...

I would take a look at learning a bit more basic coding before you continue with modding. If you want to make anything worthwhile you will need a lot more knowledge

I'm mostly just making a mod for my server, and I really do want to learn how to be a better modder.