Thank yous and Karma

atrain99

I know that the purpose of karma is to rate users in their helpfulness, and thank yous are for rating posts.

But will there ever be a way to put that data to work?

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

Except that would cause yet another *doubly* linked table search in a *VERY* large database.  ;)

Not really, just take the five posts that come up after the first search. Unless you use SQL, in which case, ouch. :P

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

Of course it uses SQL.  Do you know any high-end forum that uses something else?  ;)

No.

A hardcore minecraft forum would use java. :P (Don't take that seriously, please. I would hate to die.)

It is not Object-Oriented.  Well, it is, by the original definition of OO.  Java used C++'s definition of OO, which is horribly wrong and utterly nasty for multi-threading.

Of course it is.

I hate concurrency issues.

• 3 months later...

I really must say, if you search 'erlang java done right' you will find this post second, or at least I did. :)

Thanks for your time... Hopefully I can reply soon after you reply, but I'm busy, anyways.

I can't wait to start working on my mod. I haven't worked on it in a while but it is on

Github. It needs much more organization and work, I have lots of plans. :)