Installing Forge for modding

Ziamor

So for the last day and a half I have tried to install forge using this tutorial http://minecraftforge.net/wiki/Installation/Short

So far I have not had any success. Every time I try to run install.cmd, I get an error saying "The system cannot find the path specified." I also tried setup.cmd and it seemed to work, except when I open the MC source up in ecplise it cannot detect the forge API. Any help would be fantastic

Thanks,

Ziamor

You probably did not install it in the proper folder. It should have MCP/forge/install.cmd

That, and are you sure you haven't messed up your path?

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

See that's the weird thing, in every video I watched the install.cmd was inside mcp/forge however mine seems to be inside mcp/forge/install

Earlier today I moved the install.cmd and install.py into mcp/forge and tried that, and at first it seemed like it worked but then it started to complain about missing source files

Perhaps I downloaded the wrong source? Could you link me to the correct file?

Sounds like you downloaded the git repo, thats not the right one. You need to download the source dist from the downloads thread.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Oh man, I feel stupid now, I couldn't see the download link initially on the page, so I went straight to github. Thanks I'm going to try it now.

edit:

So that was the problem and everything works now