[SRC]1.6.2 9.10.0.789 Forge install.bat fails on decompile - SOLVED

Riizu

Howdy guys,

After attempting to update to 1.6.2, I seem to be experiencing issues with the install script. I have made sure that I don't have MCP downloaded ahead of time, and I'm not getting stuck on downloading the files, it appears to just be with the actual decompile. Here is a pastebin of the issue.

http://pastebin.com/HhxMi8J0

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Here's a link to the mcp.log, as requested by LexManos

http://pastebin.com/Nvus47LD

Wouldn't usually double post, but wanted to make sure people saw that a solution had been posted.

Thanks to the folks in the Minecraft Forge IRC channel, namely TehBeard, I figured out that this was caused due to being unable to run javac from the command line.

Now, I'm not sure if this was a recent change with 1.6.2, but for whatever reason I had no issues with 1.5.2. So for those who run into the issue, make sure all of this is true:

1. You have the most up to date JRE and JDK

2. You have the proper versions for your processor (ie. x86 or x64)

3. Ensure you can run java and javac from the command line

4. If not, add them to your environment PATH variables. Searching environment variable in the windows search at the control panel will make this easy.

P.S. A new fun fact I learned, is double check that your development environment (in my case, a custom Eclipse workspace) has the proper libraries in the build path. Provided you aren't using scala, they are:

1.6.2.jar

argo-2.25_fixed.jar

asm-all-4.1.jar

bcprov-jdk15on-1.47.jar

codecjorbis-20101023.jar

codecwav-20101023.jar

commons-io-2.4.jar

commons-lang3-3.1.jar

gson-2.2.2.jar

guava-14.0.jar

jinput-2.0.5.jar*

jopt-simple-4.5.jar

jutils-1.0.0.jar

launchwrapper-1.3.jar

libraryjavasound-20101123.jar

libraryjwjglopenal-20100824.jar

lwjgl_util-2.9.0.jar*

lwjgl-2.9.0.jar*

Izma-0.0.1.jar

soundsystem-20120107.jar

All of these should also be exported, with the exception of "1.6.2.jar." As well as this, all the ones marked with a astrik (*) should have the native library location set to:

mcp/jars/versions/1.6.2/1.6.2-natives

Finally, ensure that you have the run configuration pointing to the working directory that contains the assets folder (in this case mcp/jars). I was getting quite a headache with an error resulting in not having the proper icon for Minecraft after launching.

I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Wouldn't usually double post, but wanted to make sure people saw that a solution had been posted.

Thanks to the folks in the Minecraft Forge IRC channel, namely TehBeard, I figured out that this was caused due to being unable to run javac from the command line.

Now, I'm not sure if this was a recent change with 1.6.2, but for whatever reason I had no issues with 1.5.2. So for those who run into the issue, make sure all of this is true:

1. You have the most up to date JRE and JDK

2. You have the proper versions for your processor (ie. x86 or x64)

3. Ensure you can run java and javac from the command line

4. If not, add them to your environment PATH variables. Searching environment variable in the windows search at the control panel will make this easy.

P.S. A new fun fact I learned, is double check that your development environment (in my case, a custom Eclipse workspace) has the proper libraries in the build path. Provided you aren't using scala, they are:

1.6.2.jar

argo-2.25_fixed.jar

asm-all-4.1.jar

bcprov-jdk15on-1.47.jar

codecjorbis-20101023.jar

codecwav-20101023.jar

commons-io-2.4.jar

commons-lang3-3.1.jar

gson-2.2.2.jar

guava-14.0.jar

jinput-2.0.5.jar*

jopt-simple-4.5.jar

jutils-1.0.0.jar

launchwrapper-1.3.jar

libraryjavasound-20101123.jar

libraryjwjglopenal-20100824.jar

lwjgl_util-2.9.0.jar*

lwjgl-2.9.0.jar*

Izma-0.0.1.jar

soundsystem-20120107.jar

All of these should also be exported, with the exception of "1.6.2.jar." As well as this, all the ones marked with a astrik (*) should have the native library location set to:

mcp/jars/versions/1.6.2/1.6.2-natives

Finally, ensure that you have the run configuration pointing to the working directory that contains the assets folder (in this case mcp/jars). I was getting quite a headache with an error resulting in not having the proper icon for Minecraft after launching.

I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

This helped me out a lot in getting my environment setup. I am still running into some problems with the run configuration though.

I have my run configuration pointed in the working directory to the following location ${workspace_loc:Minecraft/lib}

Which points to my location F:\minecraft modding\mcp\forge\mcp\mcp\jars\libraries. I have also tried several other locations that contain the jars file, as well as the main part of the jars folder.

Would pointing to a system file accomplish the same result for the run configuration?

Below is my runtime error on trying to just run the 1.6.2 environment to make sure that it works beforehand. Which I believe would be fixed with the run configuration pointing to the correct location.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.logging.Logger.setParent(Unknown Source)

at net.minecraft.logging.LogAgent.setupLogger(LogAgent.java:33)

at net.minecraft.logging.LogAgent.<init>(LogAgent.java:25)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:308)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:77)

at Start.main(Start.java:68)