How would I go about creating new horse armor?

Nieue

Hello, as you can see in the title I'd like to know how I would go about creating a custom horse armor type.

I've checked in the code, but Mojang 'hid' the horse armor in fields. And I don't know how to work out stuff with those.

Has anybody found a way to create a custom horse armor yet? If so, how do you do it?

what's a PR, if I may ask?

PullRequest. But if you don't know that I doubt that you have enough knowledge about this stuff to submit a PR that is good enough to be accepted. Nothing against you, just my observation.

That's probably right, couldn't you send one? That way it's more professional

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, as you can see in the title I'd like to know how I would go about creating a custom horse armor type.

I've checked in the code, but Mojang 'hid' the horse armor in fields. And I don't know how to work out stuff with those.

Has anybody found a way to create a custom horse armor yet? If so, how do you do it?

In 1.6.2, the only way i see is to make a custom horse entity with a custom inventory.

That is because there isn't an ItemHorseArmor.

there's 3 different items that are declared as horse armor:

Item.field_111215_ce (iron)

Item.field_111216_cf (gold)

Item.field_111213_cg (diamond)

now the problem is, the way the horse figures out what items are counted as horse armor is in the actual entity class:

public int func_110260_d(ItemStack par1ItemStack)
    {
        return par1ItemStack == null ? 0 : (par1ItemStack.itemID == Item.field_111215_ce.itemID ? 1 : (par1ItemStack.itemID == Item.field_111216_cf.itemID ? 2 : (par1ItemStack.itemID == Item.field_111213_cg.itemID ? 3 : 0)));
    }

so that leaves us with only 2 ways of adding custom horse armor:

1) screw it and just make a coremod and edit base class files, or

2) make a new entity that copies horses, but changes what items are its armor, and disable vanilla horses, that way no base class edits are done, however, it could still cause problems!

it's up to you what you do! :P

-sorash67 || Skorpio

there's 3 different items that are declared as horse armor:

Item.field_111215_ce (iron)

Item.field_111216_cf (gold)

Item.field_111213_cg (diamond)

now the problem is, the way the horse figures out what items are counted as horse armor is in the actual entity class:

public int func_110260_d(ItemStack par1ItemStack)
    {
        return par1ItemStack == null ? 0 : (par1ItemStack.itemID == Item.field_111215_ce.itemID ? 1 : (par1ItemStack.itemID == Item.field_111216_cf.itemID ? 2 : (par1ItemStack.itemID == Item.field_111213_cg.itemID ? 3 : 0)));
    }

so that leaves us with only 2 ways of adding custom horse armor:

1) screw it and just make a coremod and edit base class files, or

2) make a new entity that copies horses, but changes what items are its armor, and disable vanilla horses, that way no base class edits are done, however, it could still cause problems!

it's up to you what you do! :P

-sorash67 || Skorpio

I'd rather wait for when it is possiblein a way like normal armor is :P