Quick Questions about Forge.

Necronob

Hi there!. Great fan of forge, and use it exclusively over other stuff (like modloader etc). I haven't modded minecraft since 1.4.7 and with the new installer i had a few questions.

1. Does forge resolve Item/block/enchant/dimension etc etc ID issues automatically? Or do i still have to manually adjust the ID's?  I usually download a ton of mods, and one major pain in 1.4.7 was keeping track of all the ID's and making sure they didn't overlap. If not, do anyone have a good tip about a ID resolver that actually works, and not only works half the time?

2. (I only use forge mods, so this is about forge) I was unsure if i should ask this question here, or at MCP, but I've always wanted to try a bukkit like server, but the fact that i had to wait for MCP to port the mod everytime someone made an update, put me off it. (+ They didn't port all the mods i wanted anyways, and the porting process also seemed to create it's own problems and incompatabilities). So my question is:

Is there a way for me to just use normal forge mods on a bukkit server? Is MCP+ a way to do that or did i completely misunderstand the whole thing?. If not do anyone have any tips/links as to how i can do such a thing? My Goal is to have a server witht he mods on it so that my players don't have to have the mods themselves and so that i can use plugins.

Thanks in advance! And I sincerely hope I didn't ask any stupid questions in the wrong place. If so I humbly apologise!

(And sorry for my bad/broken english. Not my native language)

Hi there!. Great fan of forge, and use it exclusively over other stuff (like modloader etc). I haven't modded minecraft since 1.4.7 and with the new installer i had a few questions.

1. Does forge resolve Item/block/enchant/dimension etc etc ID issues automatically? Or do i still have to manually adjust the ID's?  I usually download a ton of mods, and one major pain in 1.4.7 was keeping track of all the ID's and making sure they didn't overlap. If not, do anyone have a good tip about a ID resolver that actually works, and not only works half the time?

no

2. (I only use forge mods, so this is about forge) I was unsure if i should ask this question here, or at MCP, but I've always wanted to try a bukkit like server, but the fact that i had to wait for MCP to port the mod everytime someone made an update, put me off it. (+ They didn't port all the mods i wanted anyways, and the porting process also seemed to create it's own problems and incompatabilities). So my question is:

Is there a way for me to just use normal forge mods on a bukkit server? Is MCP+ a way to do that or did i completely misunderstand the whole thing?. If not do anyone have any tips/links as to how i can do such a thing? My Goal is to have a server witht he mods on it so that my players don't have to have the mods themselves and so that i can use plugins.

you can use mcpc+ http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/

and the cool thing is you dont need to port mods

if buildcraft is on the server the players need it to

no

Is this a future feature of Forge? or is it just to annoying/hard/not worth it to implement?

you can use mcpc+ http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/

and the cool thing is you dont need to port mods

if buildcraft is on the server the players need it to

Is this exclusive to buildcraft? Or did you mean all mods in general need players to have the mod installed? I seem to remember bukkit like servers had the mods installed on the servers themselves and thus nobody needed to download anything. It's not really a hassle, but it makes updating way easier.

Thanks for your reply btw! thanks given! :)