Forged 1.7.2 not reconizing mods added to mod folder

In fact- never mind. There's only one Forge-compatible mod out ATM on Planet Minecraft that I can see- all other mods are actually Bukkit plugins. Unfortunately, due to several reasons,  Forge and Bukkit mods don't play nice without a special environment, such as ForgeEssentials(?) and BukkitForge.

As far as I know, neither of these have taken the leap to 1.7.2. Yet.

Long story short- use Forge mods with Forge, and Bukkit with Bukkit mods. At least for now.

Code until your fingers are bloody, your eyes are square and you've passed out from excessive consumption of caffeinated beverages.

Or lunchtime. Whichever's sooner.

The mods I download come from planet mine craft and are 1.7.2 mods.

Careful.  Some external sites like to advertise a given mod as being for a version of Minecraft it actually isn't rated for.

I found Mystcraft for 1.6.4 once (already aware that it hadn't been updated, as I stalk the dev on his forums) and the download link supplied the 1.5 version.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

minecraft-mods.org, minecraftdl.com and planetminecraft.com

All three of these sites tend to say the mod is for X version of minecraft when it really isn't. I recommend not downloading any mods from these three sites and instead finding the actual site that posts the mod you wish to download.

Flat rule: NEVER download mods from anywhere that's not the official mod thread or webpage.

When you actually have LEGIT mods from the LEGIT sources, and still run into errors, make another thread.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.