Curse, FTB, Forge [Updated: 03/09/2014]

LexManos

Im bad at the whole talking to public thing, you all know that.

But it needs to be addressed here, so that everyone knows.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-and-forge-curse-partnership.38512/

I hope that you guys are intelligent enough to understand that we are working twards the best community we can.

I can't give out specific implementation details as we still have to figure them out.

But, we want to keep you in the light.

Update: 03/09/2014

So, Slow and I went out to Curse's office to discuss the deal this last week, Basically the Forge side of things are not going to happen for the near future. Until they get there functionality in place.

All of the bits and pieces are there and it's REALLY promising, we just need to make it all functional before we can continue discussions on it.

Not gunna go into to many details, going to have Slow do my PR :P So ya, none of the Forge stuff will change, so, ya.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I'll see if I can make this into a common questions post:

Will Forge still be free? Yes, it will always be free

Will Forge still be open source? Yes, Open source all the way.

Will Curse Launcher be REQUIRED to use Forge? No, you will still be able to download and install Forge exactly how you can now. The major end user visible change. Is that this forum, will be moved to a Curse controlled forum. And our download list (this) will move to CurseForge somewhere. The same exact files/setup. Just a different, more robust host.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

• 2 weeks later...

so the only thing that's changing is the fact that curse is supporitng forge/ftb in a client....

there is a big gaping hole I see here.

how will users install mods?

obviously curse will make it easier but This makes it a walled garden.

eg: curse can now drop support for any mod it doesn't like for whatever reason.

Also, I should have you know that you are reading my signature.

No, Curse will not be able to prevent you from installing any mod you choose.

Will Curse Launcher be REQUIRED to use Forge? NO, you will still be able to download and install Forge exactly how you can now. The major end user visible change. Is that this forum, will be moved to a Curse controlled forum. And our download list (this) will move to CurseForge somewhere. The same exact files/setup. Just a different, more robust host.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Hello everyone, I'm making this post to seek help for my modded block, It's a special block called FrozenBlock supposed to take the place of an old block, then after a set amount of ticks, it's supposed to revert its Block State, Entity, data... to the old block like this :  The problem I have is that the system breaks when handling multi blocks (I tried some fix but none of them worked) :  The bug I have identified is that the function "setOldBlockFields" in the item's "setFrozenBlock" function gets called once for the 1st block of multiblock getting frozen (as it should), but gets called a second time BEFORE creating the first FrozenBlock with the data of the 1st block, hence giving the same data to the two FrozenBlock :   Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=head] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@73681674 BlockEntityData : id:"minecraft:bed",x:3,y:-60,z:-6} Old Block Fields set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=3, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} Frozen Block Entity set BlockState : Block{minecraft:black_bed}[facing=east,occupied=false,part=foot] BlockPos{x=2, y=-60, z=-6} BlockEntity : net.minecraft.world.level.block.entity.BedBlockEntity@6d1aa3da BlockEntityData : {id:"minecraft:bed",x:2,y:-60,z:-6} here is the code inside my custom "freeze" item :    @Override     public @NotNull InteractionResult useOn(@NotNull UseOnContext pContext) {         if (!pContext.getLevel().isClientSide() && pContext.getHand() == InteractionHand.MAIN_HAND) {             BlockPos blockPos = pContext.getClickedPos();             BlockPos secondBlockPos = getMultiblockPos(blockPos, pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos));             if (secondBlockPos != null) {                 createFrozenBlock(pContext, secondBlockPos);             }             createFrozenBlock(pContext, blockPos);             return InteractionResult.SUCCESS;         }         return super.useOn(pContext);     }     public static void createFrozenBlock(UseOnContext pContext, BlockPos blockPos) {         BlockState oldState = pContext.getLevel().getBlockState(blockPos);         BlockEntity oldBlockEntity = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? pContext.getLevel().getBlockEntity(blockPos) : null;         CompoundTag oldBlockEntityData = oldState.hasBlockEntity() ? oldBlockEntity.serializeNBT() : null;         if (oldBlockEntity != null) {             pContext.getLevel().removeBlockEntity(blockPos);         }         BlockState FrozenBlock = setFrozenBlock(oldState, oldBlockEntity, oldBlockEntityData);         pContext.getLevel().setBlockAndUpdate(blockPos, FrozenBlock);     }     public static BlockState setFrozenBlock(BlockState blockState, @Nullable BlockEntity blockEntity, @Nullable CompoundTag blockEntityData) {         BlockState FrozenBlock = BlockRegister.FROZEN_BLOCK.get().defaultBlockState();         ((FrozenBlock) FrozenBlock.getBlock()).setOldBlockFields(blockState, blockEntity, blockEntityData);         return FrozenBlock;     }  
    • It is an issue with quark - update it to this build: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/quark/files/3642325
    • Remove Instant Massive Structures Mod from your server     Add new crash-reports with sites like https://paste.ee/  
    • Update your drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-280x
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.