• So after thinking a lot today, I decided to revisit and take a closer look at what I am doing. It looks like perhaps I do want to extend from BlockDoor to simplify things. Here is my much simpler door and handler.   BlockInit package encom.grid.rezcraft; import java.util.ArrayList; import java.util.List; import net.minecraft.block.Block; import net.minecraft.block.BlockDoor; import net.minecraft.block.material.Material; public class BlockInit { public static final List<Block> BLOCKS= new ArrayList<Block>(); //Vanilla Door Replacer public static final BlockDoor ACACIA_DOOR = (BlockDoor) new BlockDoorBase("acacia_door", Material.WOOD); }   Subscriber   package encom.grid.rezcraft; import encom.grid.rezcraft.TestOre; import net.minecraft.block.Block; import net.minecraft.block.material.Material; import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation; import net.minecraftforge.event.RegistryEvent; import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod; import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.SubscribeEvent; @Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = TestOre.MODID) public final class EventSubscriber { @SubscribeEvent static void onBlockRegister(final RegistryEvent.Register<Block> event) { event.getRegistry().register(new TestOre().setHardness(3.0F).setResistance(5.0F).setUnlocalizedName("oreIron").setRegistryName(new ResourceLocation("minecraft", "iron_ore"))); event.getRegistry().register(new TestOre().setHardness(3.0F).setResistance(5.0F).setUnlocalizedName("oreDiamond").setRegistryName(new ResourceLocation("minecraft", "diamond_ore"))); event.getRegistry().register(new BlockDoorBase("acacia_door", Material.WOOD).setHardness(3.0F).setUnlocalizedName("doorAcacia").setRegistryName(new ResourceLocation("minecraft", "acacia_door"))); } }   BlockDoorBase   package encom.grid.rezcraft; import java.util.Random; import net.minecraft.block.BlockDoor; import net.minecraft.block.material.Material; import net.minecraft.block.state.IBlockState; import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer; import net.minecraft.item.Item; import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack; import net.minecraft.util.BlockRenderLayer; import net.minecraft.util.math.BlockPos; import net.minecraft.util.math.RayTraceResult; import net.minecraft.world.World; import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.Side; import net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.SideOnly; public class BlockDoorBase extends BlockDoor { public BlockDoorBase(String name, Material materialIn) { super(materialIn); BlockInit.BLOCKS.add(this); ItemInit.ITEMS.add(new ItemBlockDoor(this).setRegistryName(name)); } @Override public Item getItemDropped(IBlockState state, Random rand, int fortune) { return Item.getItemFromBlock(this); } @Override public ItemStack getPickBlock(IBlockState state, RayTraceResult target, World world, BlockPos pos, EntityPlayer player) { return new ItemStack(this); } @Override public boolean isTranslucent(IBlockState state) { return true; } @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) @Override public BlockRenderLayer getBlockLayer() { return BlockRenderLayer.TRANSLUCENT; } }     Everything now compiles without any errors, however I still run into purple doors. Now on top of this I wrote both an ItemDoorBase and an Initializer and EventHandler for the item side, thinking that perhaps I just hadn't told it how to render it or what textures to use, but I get the same thing. I can't tell why it won't actually render the doors. My thinking is maybe they need .json files for them in my Eclipse workspace? but again it should be replacing the vanilla doors, so it should know everything else? maybe?      
    • IHasModel is completely and utterly pointless. All it does is make you write the same 4 lines of code all over again for every item so that you can pass public values to a public function.
    • Hello I’m SideIntgral52 wanna to ask one more and again if herobrine is in the game,due to me finding shrines and appearances in my world. Herobrine only appeared when I made a hard survival mode world without cheats.
    • I'm going out on a limb. This looks like a certificate error and I've had certificate issues before because of a "Security Feature" from Comcast (my ISP) that was done poorly and was replacing a valid cert from the website with an invalid one from Comcast.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)