• Hello. I would like to sync the data of my tile entity on the server to the client. Previously, I used custom packets to sync my tile entities. However, I am interested in using the built-in way of syncing tile entities. As far as I can tell, TileEntity#getUpdatePacket is used to get the update packet of the tile entity (to be synced indepedently), while TileEntity#getUpdateTag is used to send the tile entity to the client as part of a chunk data packet. I am not sure how I should trigger a sending of the SUpdateTileEntityPacket though. The closest I can find is ServerPlayerEntity#sendTileEntityUpdate, but seeing that the method is private, I assume that there is a better way of doing so (using reflection and forcefully calling the method doesn't sound like a great idea). How do I sync the data of a tile entity to all tracking players using the built-in method?
    • Do not use Mineshafter. Buy the game.
    • Use java 8, higher versions aren't supported yet, I believe someone said it's due to a library forge uses still targeting Java 8.
    • Create a Model (and texture for it) that extends BipedModel<T extends LivingEntity> for your armor piece. Override getArmorModel and getArmorTexture in your armor item class.   Once you've started, if you have issues, come back here and make sure you post code, logs, what you are trying to achieve (looks/effect/etc), and what is actually happening.
    • Hello all,   i try to set up an own valhelsia 2 server. for this purpose i downloaded the valhelsia server 2.1.5a folder. When i execute the server jar file, it loads for a while, but then quits the server. i get the following error log:   ---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // I bet Cylons wouldn't have this problem. Time: 09.04.20, 11:25 Description: Exception in server tick loop java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLJavaModLanguageProvider$FMLModTarget.loadMod(FMLJavaModLanguageProvider.java:78) ~[?:31.1] {re:classloading} at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.buildModContainerFromTOML(ModLoader.java:234) ~[?:?] {re:classloading} at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.lambda$buildMods$26(ModLoader.java:214) ~[?:?] {re:classloading} at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.HashMap$EntrySpliterator.forEachRemaining(HashMap.java:1746) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:913) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:578) ~[?:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.buildMods(ModLoader.java:216) ~[?:?] {re:classloading} at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.lambda$gatherAndInitializeMods$18(ModLoader.java:173) ~[?:?] {re:classloading} at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:195) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1654) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:913) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?] {} at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:578) ~[?:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoader.gatherAndInitializeMods(ModLoader.java:175) ~[?:?] {re:classloading} at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.ServerModLoader.begin(ServerModLoader.java:45) ~[?:?] {re:classloading} at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:122) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B} at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:613) [?:?] {re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A,pl:mixin:A,pl:runtimedistcleaner:A} at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?] {} Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor38.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading} at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading} at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490) ~[?:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLJavaModLanguageProvider$FMLModTarget.loadMod(FMLJavaModLanguageProvider.java:73) ~[?:31.1] {re:classloading} ... 24 more Caused by: net.minecraftforge.fml.ModLoadingException: CraftPresence has class loading errors §7Attempted to load class net/minecraft/client/entity/player/ClientPlayerEntity for invalid dist DEDICATED_SERVER at net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLModContainer.<init>(FMLModContainer.java:77) ~[?:31.1] {re:classloading} at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor38.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading} at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading} at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490) ~[?:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLJavaModLanguageProvider$FMLModTarget.loadMod(FMLJavaModLanguageProvider.java:73) ~[?:31.1] {re:classloading} ... 24 more Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class net/minecraft/client/entity/player/ClientPlayerEntity for invalid dist DEDICATED_SERVER at net.minecraftforge.fml.loading.RuntimeDistCleaner.processClass(RuntimeDistCleaner.java:71) ~[forge_server.1.15.2-31.1.36.jar:31.1] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.serviceapi.ILaunchPluginService.processClass(ILaunchPluginService.java:103) ~[modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:5.0.0-milestone.4+67+b1a340b] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchPluginHandler.offerClassNodeToPlugins(LaunchPluginHandler.java:85) ~[modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.ClassTransformer.transform(ClassTransformer.java:115) ~[modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformingClassLoader$DelegatedClassLoader.findClass(TransformingClassLoader.java:239) ~[modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformingClassLoader.loadClass(TransformingClassLoader.java:126) ~[modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {re:classloading} at cpw.mods.modlauncher.TransformingClassLoader.loadClass(TransformingClassLoader.java:96) ~[modlauncher-5.0.0-milestone.4.jar:?] {re:classloading} at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521) ~[?:?] {} at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:?] {} at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:398) ~[?:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLModContainer.<init>(FMLModContainer.java:71) ~[?:31.1] {re:classloading} at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor38.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading} at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:?] {re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading,re:classloading} at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:490) ~[?:?] {} at net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLJavaModLanguageProvider$FMLModTarget.loadMod(FMLJavaModLanguageProvider.java:73) ~[?:31.1] {re:classloading} ... 24 more A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Details -- Details: Minecraft Version: 1.15.2 Minecraft Version ID: 1.15.2 Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 4.15.0-88-generic Java Version: 11.0.6, Ubuntu Java VM Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode, sharing), Ubuntu Memory: 617838080 bytes (589 MB) / 1441792000 bytes (1375 MB) up to 4294967296 bytes (4096 MB) CPUs: 4 JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx4G ModLauncher: 5.0.0-milestone.4+67+b1a340b ModLauncher launch target: fmlserver ModLauncher naming: srg ModLauncher services: /eventbus-2.0.0-milestone.1-service.jar eventbus PLUGINSERVICE /forge_server.1.15.2-31.1.36.jar object_holder_definalize PLUGINSERVICE /forge_server.1.15.2-31.1.36.jar runtime_enum_extender PLUGINSERVICE /forge_server.1.15.2-31.1.36.jar capability_inject_definalize PLUGINSERVICE /accesstransformers-2.0.4-shadowed.jar accesstransformer PLUGINSERVICE /forge_server.1.15.2-31.1.36.jar runtimedistcleaner PLUGINSERVICE /forge_server.1.15.2-31.1.36.jar fml TRANSFORMATIONSERVICE /MixinBootstrap-1.0.2.jar mixinbootstrap TRANSFORMATIONSERVICE /MixinBootstrap-1.0.2.jar mixin PLUGINSERVICE /MixinBootstrap-1.0.2.jar mixinbootstrap PLUGINSERVICE FML: 31.1 Forge: net.minecraftforge:31.1.36 FML Language Providers: javafml@31.1 minecraft@1 kotlinfml@1.5.0 Mod List: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null Data Packs: Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'forge' Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)   I get nearly the same Errors with previous Server Editions. Also tried to run valhelsia 1 server, but then it load for a few seconds and nothing happens.   Greetings
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)