Naitenne's tutorials series

Naiten

Hello. I've wrote some tutorials for modding in forge, you can find them here. If you have any suggestions or comments, post them here, i'll look if i can help.

If i helped you, don't forget pressing "Thank You" button. Thanks for your time.

If i don't use them, my tile entity doesn't save variables. Why should i not use them if they are used in all default tile entity classes?

If i helped you, don't forget pressing "Thank You" button. Thanks for your time.

Oh. Tell me that way i should do that so it will save my variables and i'll do that.

---

Added a tutorial on custom tile entity renderer. Enjoy.

Okay, you are right, sorry. Then, help me...ย  I have this code in my block

public void onNeighborBlockChange(World world, int i, int j, int k, int par5)
{
ย   TileEntityBlockWRail tl = (TileEntityBlockWRail) world.getBlockTileEntity(i, j, k);
ย   if (tl != null)
ย   {
ย  ย  ย  System.out.println("mid = "+tl.mid);
ย   }
}

So, i'm sure it saves my variables. And in my tile entity renderer i have

int id = tl.mid;
ย   switch (id)
ย   {
ย  ย  case 0: renderStraight(); break;
ย  ย  case 1: renderCurveRight(); break;
ย  ย  and so on...
ย   }

But it always renders the 0 renderer.

I haven't wrote a tutorial on adding packets to tile entity renderer.

---

While i was writing a tutorial, just placing packets in the TE worked... Now i need to s/l the game for TER to draw placed blocks correctly. If i place new, they are now rendered correctly. Wtf.

I did it that way.

---

Oh, i've fixed my bug. I just had to set block with flag 0x02 that will update blocks. Now it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like it so far.

I don't know whether you got my PM or not, but my idea is: Please make a tutorial on how to create a pipe system like to one in BuildCraft (I think?) to transport items in them.

ย 

Thanks in advance! Keep the good work up!ย  :)

I followed your custom tile entity render tutorial, but my model that I made in techne came up upside down and off center in mc, any tips or solution to the problem?

GL11.glscalef(-1F, -1F, 1F)