[1.12.2] NPC/ Custom Entity Resource collection

DarkLord2101

I have tried to figure this out myself with no avail, I have created a new entity and would like it so i could tell it to go get wood (prob by clicking a button on a ui) and then go back to the position it started at with the wood it collected, then the player can take the wood off the entity.

I have not been able to find any information that would help me, and any code i find that i think might help either doesn't help or it doesn't indicate where the code would need to go. any help with this endeavour would be greatly appreciated as i need this functionality before the 4th May.

Please help

Write a method that search for wood nearby, and use path finder to navigate your entity toward to position.

Destroy the wood blocks and add the wood to the entity's inventory.

Navigate the entity back to the start position with the path finder.

I would suggest searching up how entity AI and path finding work.

1 hour ago, DarkLord2101 said:

any code i find that i think might help either doesn't help or it doesn't indicate where the code would need to go

Don't just copy code you find from the internet; instead, learn how the code work and write it yourself. You will learn more this way.

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

3 hours ago, DarkLord2101 said:

if you think of anything else that may help, like a web page that would explain it, as you may find/ know if a page that i cant find, literally anything would help at this point.

What you are asking to do is very specific, thus I doubt there will be any tutorials out there.

However, mods like MeeCreep do have entities that chop trees; I would suggest checking out its source: https://github.com/McJtyMods/MeeCreeps.

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.