Add NBTTag for Block

TheMinecraftBox

Hello, I'm here because I would like to create more information for every block. I successful to add a nbt but it's juste for one block and for evry world...

How can I add a NBTTag for every block placed and for one world and not just one NBT for one block and for every world?
I would like use the same system that TileEntities, Entities or ItemStack.

(I can't use the TileEntity because I want add this NBTTag for every vanilla Blocks).

I'm use the Events: PlaceEvent, HarvestDropsEvent, BreakEvent, ChunkDataEvent.Save and ChunkDataEvent.Load.

Thank you for write me!

1 hour ago, TheMinecraftBox said:

How can I add a NBTTag for every block placed and for one world and not just one NBT for one block and for every world?

AFAIK you don't.

There might be ways that can potentially achieve this, but are probably discouraged.

What are you trying to achieve? There is probably a better way of doing it.

Edited by DavidM

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

20 minutes ago, DavidM said:

What are you trying to achieve? There is probably a better way of doing it.

Okay, I would like that when the player place a enchanted block in the world, the game save the enchantment when the block is broken.

With my NBT on my event class, it work but juste for one block. If the player place two blocks with this nbt, there are juste one block with this NBT.

What would your feature look like from an end-user perspective? There are multiple ways of doing stuff like this

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

2 hours ago, TheMinecraftBox said:

it work but juste for one block. If the player place two blocks with this nbt, there are juste one block with this NBT.

Sounds like you're storing the data in a field of your block class.

This will never work (as you've seen) because blocks are singletons.

You must use a separate data structure, such as a Tile Entity.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

2 hours ago, TheMinecraftBox said:

With my NBT on my event class, it work but juste for one block.

Use a tile entity instead.

Since blocks are singleton; values in your block class will be the same for every block in the world.

Edited by DavidM

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

3 hours ago, Draco18s said:

You must use a separate data structure, such as a Tile Entity.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Use a tile entity instead.

6 hours ago, TheMinecraftBox said:

(I can't use the TileEntity because I want add this NBTTag for every vanilla Blocks).

You can either have a block with a TE that takes on the model of the "enchanted" block or have a chunk capability that holds the additional data in a <BlockPos, YourData> map.

23 hours ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

You can either have a block with a TE that takes on the model of the "enchanted" block or have a chunk capability that holds the additional data in a <BlockPos, YourData> map.

Create a TileEntity and how can I add all blocks Minecraft (in one file if it's possible). Or else, how I can create a NBT with singletons?

If it's so hard, I can make one file for one block but it's will so longers...

4 hours ago, TheMinecraftBox said:

Or else, how I can create a NBT with singletons

Singleton is the name of a pattern whereby there is only one object and it is referenced everywhere as needed. 

"Per block" is the "everywhere"

If a TE won't work for you, you need a custom data studies that holds that information by coordinate. You will need to manage it yourself. It will be hard. 

You have no other options. 

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.