[1.12.1] Tell me how to create your item with a model .obj

GreatWolf

Hello, I'm new to Forge and I want to create an item that would have a 3D model with an extension  .obj, I managed to make an object with a regular flat texture, but I can't understand how to do it. I know that it is necessary to use

OBJLoader.INSTANCE.addDomain();

, but where I need to enter it and what next I do not know :)

2 hours ago, GreatWolf said:

where I need to enter it

Before models are loaded, so in pre-initialization for example. Be sure to do this through a proxy though.

2 hours ago, GreatWolf said:

what next

Use forge's blockstates format to specify the model of the item to point to your obj file.

32 минуты назад V0idWa1k3r сказал:

Before models are loaded, so in pre-initialization for example. Be sure to do this through a proxy though.

Use forge's blockstates format to specify the model of the item to point to your obj file.

Thanks, I'll try to do it. :)

Edited by GreatWolf

If I try to create a file in the models folder, then the object is transparent, and if in the blockstates folder, then the texture is pink and black #inventory 

File fyringpan.json

{
     "forge_marker": 1,
         "defaults": 
         {
             "textures": 
             {
                "all": "zm:items/fyringpan.png"
             }
         },
         "variants": 
         {
            "normal":
            {
                "model": "zm:items/fyringpan.obj"
            },
             "inventory": 
            {
                "model": "zm:items/fyringpan.obj"
            }
     }
}

File ClientProxy

public class ClientProxy extends CommonProxy
{
    @Override
    public void registerItemRenderer(Item item, int meta, String id) {
        ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation(item, meta, new ModelResourceLocation(item.getRegistryName(), id));
    }
     @Override
        public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event)
        {
            super.preInit(event);
            OBJLoader.INSTANCE.addDomain (Reference.MODID);
        }

@Override
        public void init(FMLInitializationEvent event)
        {
            super.init(event);
        }

@Override
        public void postInit(FMLPostInitializationEvent event)
        {
            super.postInit(event);
        }
}

Edited by GreatWolf

2 hours ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

YES, it turns out there is a model :)

Only problems with texture and size.

Edited by GreatWolf

13 hours ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

До загрузки моделей, например, при предварительной инициализации. Обязательно сделайте это через прокси.

Используйте формат блочных состояний forge, чтобы указать модель элемента, указывающую на ваш файл obj.

13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: The following texture errors were found.
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: ==================================================
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:   DOMAIN zm
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: --------------------------------------------------
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:   domain zm is missing 0 textures
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     domain zm has 1 location:
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       mod zm resources at E:\ZombiMod\bin
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: -------------------------
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     The following other errors were reported for domain zm:
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: -------------------------
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     Problem: broken aspect ratio and not an animation
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       textures/items/fryingpan.png
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: ==================================================
[13:01:21] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

7 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

Before you do anything else, change your Mod ID! Mod IDs must be unique. "zm" is NOT unique. Make it long, e.g. "zombiemod" (even that is not very unique...).

Textures must be square.

Oh sure, thanks, I somehow did not pay attention to this line :)

1 hour ago, diesieben07 said:

Before you do anything else, change your Mod ID! Mod IDs must be unique. "zm" is NOT unique. Make it long, e.g. "zombiemod" (even that is not very unique...).

Textures must be square.

[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: The following texture errors were found.
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: ==================================================
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:   DOMAIN zm
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: --------------------------------------------------
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:   domain zm is missing 1 texture
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     domain zm has 1 location:
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       mod zm resources at E:\ZombiMod\bin
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: -------------------------
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     The missing resources for domain zm are:
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:       textures/items\fryingpan.png
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: -------------------------
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]:     No other errors exist for domain zm
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: ==================================================
[14:40:02] [main/ERROR] [TEXTURE ERRORS]: +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

7 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You still have not changed your mod ID.

Change it. Right now. Before you do anything else.

Use "/" to separate paths in textures. Not "\".

Thank you, everything works but a very large model, please tell me how to reduce it.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:53 PM, V0idWa1k3r said:

Very large model, please tell me how to reduce it.

Edited by GreatWolf

The problem you have is software like blender makes large files. json models are smaller to make. If you want to reduce the size on an obj model:

1. Check the export quality on the software, Minecraft can have a low quality texture

2. Remove high-poly objects, you don't need a very detailed model.

19 hours ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

I think he means his model is huge as in scaling, not huge as in file size.

Scale the model down in the model editor you are using.

Ohh, yeah that makes more sense.

Also, the scale should be 16x16. Any editor should show the xyz coordinates of where you have selected.