[1.12.2] How to include libraries (.jar files) in a build

Nuparu00

I am trying to include libraries that my mod is using in the build (these libraries are not Minecraft specific APIs but Java libraries by Google,etc..). I have tried things like putting the libraries to the jar itself, messing with the gradle shadow plugin, the "jar-in-jar" function but without any success at all. I have spent last several hours reading documentation and forum posts but I can not still figure out how to do this.

I have issues with ContainedDeps. Based on my research, if I add this to my build.gradle, it should populate the MANIFEST.MF and allow loading of the .jar files in the ./META-INF/libraries/ folder. The file is actually populated but classes from the libraries still can't be found:

jar {
    manifest {
        attributes("Implementation-Title": "Gradle",
                   "Implementation-Version": version,
					"ContainedDeps": "google-api-client-1.25.0 google-api-services-youtube-v3-rev209-1.25.0 google-http-client-1.25.0 google-http-client-jackson2-1.29.0 google-oauth-client-1.25.0 jdo2-api-2.3-eb jetty-6.1.26 jetty-util-6.1.26 transaction-api-1.1",)
    }
}