Patmobile

Hello Forge Modding Community,

I'am developing mods for my own use.

I have four Mods:

More Blocks Mod

More Items Mod

Trampolin Mod

Parallel Dimension Mod

so I also have a private server were we are playing those mods.

We played with the first three mods (More Blocks, More Items and Trampolin) and so I added to this world the 4. mod (parallel Dimension).

When I did that the server gave those logs:

[16Mar2019 22:50:30.794] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Block: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:rubinerz Expected: 605 Got: 620
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.795] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Block: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:paralleldimensionportal Expected: 607 Got: 621
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.795] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Block: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:hoellenfeuer Expected: 606 Got: 622
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.795] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Block: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:saphirerz Expected: 604 Got: 623
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.796] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:hoellenfeuerzeug Expected: 832 Got: 846
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.796] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:rubinerz Expected: 834 Got: 847
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.796] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:paralleldimensionportal Expected: 836 Got: 848
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.796] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:rubin Expected: 831 Got: 849
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.796] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:hoellenfeuer Expected: 835 Got: 850
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.796] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:saphir Expected: 830 Got: 851
[16Mar2019 22:50:30.796] [Server thread/WARN] [net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistry/REGISTRIES]: Registry Item: Object did not get ID it asked for. Name: paralleldimension:saphirerz Expected: 833 Got: 852

Then the IDs seems to have problems with the IDs from Trampolin Mod.

But when I change the file name (only the file name) from "paralleldimension-1.0.jar" (the other mods are named: "moreitems-1.0.jar", "moreblocks-1.0.jar" and "trampolin-1.0.jar") to "zparalleldimension-1.0.jar" (or any other change so that the file is last in the alphabet it works perfect. 

Is that a bug I can fix by myself?

Thanks to all who want and will help me.

Edited by Patmobile

What version of Minecraft are you playing?

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

1 hour ago, Patmobile said:

Is that a bug I can fix by myself?

I doubt it. Do you have the source code? Do you have the author's permission? Have you tried asking the author to fix it?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Post your code.

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:15 PM, diesieben07 said:

Registry entries must not be created in static initializers. Use the registry event. 

Okay I changed my registration and I'm now using  event.getRegistry().registerAll.

I tested it with my Trampolin Mod and with the More Blocks Mod, but it changed nothing.

If you change the order or add a new entry, you need to make a new world to see the changes in the creative tab, because registry entries and registry entry order is saved in the world file

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

On 3/19/2019 at 10:36 AM, Cadiboo said:

If you change the order or add a new entry, you need to make a new world to see the changes in the creative tab, because registry entries and registry entry order is saved in the world file

But Forge add the entrys to the level.dat and if I had only one mod I can update the mod and I can play with the update on existing worlds. 

So the only chance to play with the mods and update these on existing worlds is to make one mod? 

In the past I made this and it worked in the forge 1.8

I updated my github if someone want to look at the new code. 

Edited by Patmobile

I made some tests and I am now able to say that the problem is only client-side. The real problem is that the IDs from the server world not synchronizing to the client.

I make an example:

The world on the server has the following IDs:

More Blocks Mod 500-510

More Items Mod 511-525

Trampolin Mod 526-542

And then I add the parallel dimension mod:                                      

Sever:                                                             

More Blocks Mod 500-510                                             

More Items Mod 511-525

Trampolin Mod 526-542

Parallel Dimension Mod 543-558

But the Client load the IDs like that:

More Blocks Mod 500-510

More Items Mod 511-525

Parallel Dimension Mod 526-541

Trampolin Mod 542-558

When I change the file name of the parallel dimension mod to be last in the alphabet it fits with the level.dat.

Is there a change to synchronize the ids with the client?

Read: complain to the mod's authors. 

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

10 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Some of your mods still use static initializers.

I updated all mod to the forge registry events.

It changed nothing, but at least I am using now the right way to register blocks and items

Edited by Patmobile

7 hours ago, quadraxis said:

What version of Forge are you using? (not "1.13.2", the full exact version)

Some code for registry synching was only added recently (https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/commit/d99a55a7d18e6e6035156970565ef7fcf77ea812).

After I updated forge it works.

Thanks for that hint.

Thanks to all who helped me.