[1.13.2] Mod Dependencies

Cadiboo

I've updated my library mod to 1.13.2, but I'm having trouble adding it to my project.

Putting it in /libs doesn't do anything by default.

Putting it in /libs and adding compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: '*.jar') doesn't load the mod when I launch the game

Putting it in /libs and adding deobf fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: '*.jar') tells me that deobf isn't implemented for files yet and that I need to use maven

Putting it on CurseForge and using the CurseForge maven (yes the dependency string is correct) doesn't load the mod when I launch the game

Putting it on CurseForge and using the CurseForge maven (yes the dependency string is still correct) results in the following errors (using different versions of the mod)

https://gist.github.com/Cadiboo/71ba7b723c194215f9beab01c3260925

https://gist.github.com/Cadiboo/8a7976add44f5d3e6ca0b282dac428f9

Note that it looks in

file:/Users/Cadiboo/.gradle/caches/forge_gradle/bundeled_repo/renderchunk-rebuildchunk-hooks/RenderChunk-rebuildChunk-Hooks-1.13.2/0.4.0_mapped_snapshot_20180921-1.13/RenderChunk-rebuildChunk-Hooks-1.13.2-0.4.0_mapped_snapshot_20180921-1.13

and in

file:/Users/Cadiboo/.gradle/caches/forge_gradle/bundeled_repo/renderchunk-rebuildchunk-hooks/RenderChunk-rebuildChunk-Hooks/1.13.2_mapped_snapshot_20180921-1.13/RenderChunk-rebuildChunk-Hooks-1.13.2_mapped_snapshot_20180921-1.13

In both the last part of the version is missing (pre2 in the first one, and 0.4.0 in the second)

I am able to get it into my project by

- Putting the library in /run/mods/

- Also putting the library in /libs/
- Telling grade to add the file in /libs/ as a dependency with compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: '*.jar') in my build.gradle
This allows me to compile my mod in user dev, and build it into a full mod with gradle build, but when I launch user dev it crashes because of an NoSuchFieldError on an SRG named field reference in my main mod class.

Error:

Failed to create mod instance. ModID: render_chunk-rebuild_chunk-hooks, class io.github.cadiboo.renderchunkrebuildchunkhooks.RenderChunkRebuildChunkHooks
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: field_178592_a
    at io.github.cadiboo.renderchunkrebuildchunkhooks.RenderChunkRebuildChunkHooks.<init>(RenderChunkRebuildChunkHooks.java:22) ~[?:1.13.2-0.4.0]
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_191]
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_191]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:1.8.0_191]
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) ~[?:1.8.0_191]

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

I "solved" this by removing the library as a dependency and copying all the code into my mod then commenting out the @Mod annotation and calling stuff from my (non-dependency) mod.
I "solved" this by making a dev version (with gradlew jar instead of gradlew build) of my library and putting it in both /libs/ and /run/mods/

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)