[1.12.2] Is There a Chunk Event in Which is Called After Loading?

unassigned

Hello, I want to access a chunk after it has loaded. Currently, I am using ChunkEvent.Load to do some calculations, however, as the chunk is not loaded, I cannot access the blocks that make up the chunk. More importantly, use World#getHeight to get the top block of the chunk loaded.

Is there any event that can do this?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The chunk is loaded, it's just not inserted in the world yet, so accessing it via the world will just try to load it again (or something weird like that).

You can access the chunk itself though, which means you can use Chunk#getHeightValue. See World#getHeight(int, int) to see how it's used.

Huh, using it this way throws an array out of bounds exception.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -976
	at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.getHeightValue(Chunk.java:166) ~[Chunk.class:?]
	at com.github.unassignedxd.voidutils.main.util.ModUtil.getCentralBlockPos(ModUtil.java:36) ~[ModUtil.class:?]
	at com.github.unassignedxd.voidutils.main.events.CommonEvents.onChunkLoad(CommonEvents.java:51) ~[CommonEvents.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_7_CommonEvents_onChunkLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:90) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:182) ~[EventBus.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.onLoad(Chunk.java:922) ~[Chunk.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.syncCallback(ChunkIOProvider.java:109) ~[ChunkIOProvider.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.common.chunkio.ChunkIOExecutor.tick(ChunkIOExecutor.java:150) ~[ChunkIOExecutor.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:803) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:743) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.tick(IntegratedServer.java:192) ~[IntegratedServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:592) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_191]
    public static BlockPos getCentralBlockPos(Chunk chunk) {
        int x = (chunk.x << 4) + 8;
        int y = chunk.getHeightValue(chunk.x, chunk.z);
        int z = (chunk.z << 4) + 8;
        return new BlockPos(x, y, z);
    }

2 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

The method operates on block coordinates within the chunk (i.e. x and z must be 0 through 15). Hence why I pointed you to the World method on how to compute those.

Okay, I used something like this:

int y = chunk.getHeightValue(chunk.x & 15, chunk.z & 15);

However, it still returns a value of 0. (This is being called in ChunkEvent.Load)

13 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

You are now passing in chunk coordinates (or rather their mod 16). The method expects block coordinates.

Now I am supplying with block coords, yet I still get an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds Exception.

- Edit - I saw what you said about the blook coords, how they'd have to be 0-15.

However, even with this, it still puts the Y at zero.

int y = this.chunk.getHeightValue(8, 8);

Edited by unassigned

54 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

You are doing this on the server, correct? Because I can't see how this won't work.

Yes. This is called directly from subscribing from the ChunkEvent.Load.

if(this.hasNaturalNode && nodePos == null) {
            this.nodePos = new BlockPos(
                    (this.chunk.x << 4) + 8,
                    this.chunk.getHeightValue(8, 8),
                    (this.chunk.z << 4) + 8
            );

if(chunk.getWorld().getBlockState(nodePos) != ModBlocks.VOID_NODE.getDefaultState()) {
                chunk.getWorld().setBlockState(nodePos, ModBlocks.VOID_NODE.getDefaultState());
                VoidUtils.logger.info("Spawned natural node at " + nodePos.getX() + " " + nodePos.getY() + " " + nodePos.getZ());
            }
        }

On 2/1/2019 at 5:29 PM, diesieben07 said:

Not sure what to say. Did you try poking around with the debugger a bit?

Yeah, and I have attached it to a tile with the same code, and it works. I seriously think that the chunk's heightmap isn't loaded once onChunkLoad is called, so thus it just returns zero. And I have no other solutions to this problem.

Edit -

You know how I said that I was only calling this on the server? Yeah, I was lying. I did a quick isRemote check and now it works. Thank you.

Edited by unassigned