How to make an event in the world where you can respawn your entity

TheRPGAdventurer

So I added a dragon essence item, when the dragon dies, it drops it with the owner nbt UUID and the dragon UUID stored using that, we can throw the item on 5 X 5 square area with the required block to respawn the dragon (just like you need to detect iron blocks and a pumpkin to make iron golems), with that you could "respawn" your dragon.

PS: how do I make my dragon essence item immune to fire and make it last forever

What’s your question - what kind of event. FluxNetworks does this with Redstone, I think they made a custom EntityItem for it (and replaced the normal entity in the onEntityJoinWorldEvent)

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

What kind of event? A Forge event that other mods can receive in their event subscribers? Or a generic type of “event” i.e. something that happens.

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

a generic type of “event” i.e. something that happens. when you use the dragon essence and that "something that happens " is when respawning your dragon, I really need some methods for checking the blocks around it and where to call it, also where do I call it, I cant vaguely call it on the entity's class, so its gotta be something in the world

I think you could make your own entity item and do stuff in its onUpdate method

About Me

Spoiler