[SOLVED] [1.12] Block ID stops existing after world is restarted/changes when written?

hiotewdew

I'm currently updating Colored Chests and I've come across an issue. I'm using a single Block class to create multiple block instances with different colors. As in, I pass a color and a color name inside the initializer to the block, and register the new block class as it's own block with a custom registry name (appending the color name I gave it to "coloredchest"). However, upon restarting the world, the console prints "Registry Block: Found a missing id from the world coloredchests:coloredchest" and the blocks are gone. But I never register a block with that ID, they all have colors after the name.

My Block registry: https://github.com/itsmeow/ColoredChests/blob/master/src/main/java/its_meow/coloredchests/BlockRegistry.java

Block itself: https://github.com/itsmeow/ColoredChests/blob/master/src/main/java/its_meow/coloredchests/chest/BlockColoredChest.java

I can tell it's something to do with the way I'm doing the registration, but I really do not have the time to redo this. I know there's millions of better ways I could do it, but I'm looking for the easy solution.

Is there something that can fix the way I'm doing it? If there's not one, perhaps an easier/equivically difficult way to create the blocks with SEPERATE IDs! Because of the way they're considered seperate blocks, I don't have to check if the colors match inside the block class with other chests, only if they are the same block.

Edited by hiotewdew
solved

8 minutes ago, hiotewdew said:

I can tell it's something to do with the way I'm doing the registration, but I really do not have the time to redo this. I know there's millions of better ways I could do it, but I'm looking for the easy solution.

Did you ever register a block with that name? If so create a new world. Ids are serialized so they can be persistent with the assigned numerical id.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

1 hour ago, Animefan8888 said:

Did you ever register a block with that name? If so create a new world. Ids are serialized so they can be persistent with the assigned numerical id.

I did! I made a new world and I don't get that missing ID error, but my blocks are still disappearing and nothing is printed to the console.

It seems the issue was solved after I changed the ItemBlock registration? I'm not sure. But it works now. Let's not mess with it.