Fake site pretending to be Forge

NathanielPillar

Yeah i recently became aware of the same site after my little brother was trying to find a 1.13 download. It was the first link that comes up when googling it. The site tries to almost exactly copy the real one so it can trick people, especially younger ones. I took a look at it, it seems to just try install a bunch of junk on your computer. Probably trying to get ad revenue money or something. Not extremely dangerous, but would prefer if something be done to get it taken down.

Literally nothing we can do to take it down. They are in a country that doesn't respect international copyright laws. And they pay Google to be the top result so ya, Welcome to the world of asshats.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

On 12/15/2018 at 5:05 AM, LexManos said:

Literally nothing we can do to take it down. They are in a country that doesn't respect international copyright laws. And they pay Google to be the top result so ya, Welcome to the world of asshats.

To add, their unlikely to get any support as everyone who would care and know how to counter it is using DDG. 

5 minutes ago, TheDeafProphet said:

but what's DDG? 

DuckDuckGo, an alternative search engine like Google.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

15 minutes ago, TheDeafProphet said:

Interesting. Never heard of it before. 

Linux Mint uses it by default. Other than that, it's not as well known as some names like Bing, Google. Incidentally, not that anyone remembers it, but I'd stay away from Ask.com since they're owned by the notorious IAC (Interactive Corp) known for pushing malware/spyware (MyWebsearch toolbar, Zwinky, FunBuddyIcons, rootkits, auto-downloaders/reinstallers, and so on.) 

Edited by lehjr
Listing some of IAC's known malware

On 12/14/2018 at 3:05 PM, LexManos said:

The Whois lookup on that shows a hosting company (World4You) in Austria. 

• 3 months later...

Well actually, I had a friend trying to get Forge. I was telling him what to do, and as he is a big impatient bugger, he clicked on the wrong link. He had a million viruses on his computer. Don't worry though, as we managed to get them all off.

• 5 months later...
On 9/21/2019 at 11:04 AM, Denta said:

Hey DTRaptor, I also just fell on this fake forge thing....
Could you tell me how your friend deleted those viruses?
My CPU is running at 100% all the time because of those viruses.

Any help would be nice!

Use Malwarebytes and run a Windows Defender scan.