Advise on updating a Tile Entites capabilities

Ellbelly

Does any one have advise on the best way to change a tile entites item calability based off it's state. For example, if I have a tile entity where it has an item handler capability and if you shift right click on a side of the block it disables the capability from that side. I have been messing around with different ways of achieving this but when I set the blocks state to not give the item capability on a certain side I have to reload the world before the connecting block updates to no longer accept items from that side. I call a block update when I change the state so I was wondering if there is anything I might be missing with the capabilities system around changing a tile entities capability? Thanks.

Reloading the world sounds like a desync issue... or you're using a global value to set the on/off flags on cap init

And you're not changing the capabilities, you're just denying access when a particular side is 'off'. All you should have to do is return false for hasCapability() and null for getCapability() on the corresponding sides. 

I think its my java of the variables.

I had changed some code before I posted the question while I was testing so I tried re-implementing my initial code and now its working flawlessly. I couldn't tell you what I'm doing differently. Sorry to bother you and thanks for the advice anyway. If I have any other issues relating to this I'll post my code.