Massive Coding Tutorial?

Col_Baskerville

10 minutes ago, Col_Baskerville said:

how advanced mod creators learned the things they learned.

Trial and error along with reading the code that was already there.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

27 minutes ago, Col_Baskerville said:

how did they learn all the machine stuff

Define "machine stuff"

stuff that minecraft doesn't have

...Such as...?

They had to have learned from somewhere

Not necessairly, programming is not all about learning, it's lso about inventing - taking the puzzle pieces that you have(aka your existing code knowledge) and putting them together to make something new. 

Quite a lot of mods are visible source on GitHub including TinkersConstruct, Applied Energistics and Mekanism that are great for reference.

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

On 11/21/2018 at 5:19 AM, V0idWa1k3r said:

Not necessairly, programming is not all about learning, it's also about inventing - taking the puzzle pieces that you have(aka your existing code knowledge) and putting them together to make something new. 

As someone who has been in a Programming Apprenticeship for nearly a year now, I agree with this statement but it is missing one important piece of information: clear aspirations, concrete goals and knowing what you need to learn (understanding of the domain you are about to dabble in).

There have been many instances where I have tried to learn something on my own but I have not had a solid goal in mind. However, in this entire (nearly) year, I have learned 200% the amount of stuff I learned in the ~3 years prior. And no, that isn't entirely an exaggeration. I am just as shocked as you all will be at the sheer volume of stuff I have learned. But that is the effect that having concrete goals and sources of Domain Knowledge can (and will) have on your learning. Clear Aspirations just help you along in order to keep focused rather than fall into a Rabbit Hole (genuine technical term) and not make much progress.

In terms of resources, you have these forums (for Domain Knowledge regarding Minecraft Forge), r/learnjava (for Domain Knowledge regarding Java) and you have so many sources of goals. Go ahead and try re-creating existing mods. If you spend an entire day struggling to figure out how to implement a specific piece of functionality for a mod, that's an indicator that you should leave it until you have more experience.

All in all, if you have the determination to learn, there are plenty of resources out there on the internet. You only need to fire up Google and search for those resources.

• Like 3

I love solving puzzles and also coding. What a great combo! I also want to have a career in programming when I have gone through university. 9GAG and Quora stand in the way of me ascending from mediocre programmer to ...meh programmer and beyond!

I am always looking for fun projects to look at and maybe be a part of. If you have a project and want to co-operate, email me via jamesyeoman10@gmail.com

Keep coding :)