Modded Minecraft Running sluggish

SuperShotDK

Hello World ?

Trying to play a Custom Mod pack and FTB DireWolf20 Mod pack both of them I dedicated 8gb of ram of my 16 Gb of RAM

SPECS:

Ryzen 1600

ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070

Corsair Vengence 16 GB RAM

+ ADATA SSD

My modded Minecraft is running very sluggish when i make a world on my PC but when i make a forge server for myself i runs a heck of a lot faster, the FPS counter says 48-78 fps but feels like and feels worse than 48 FPS, servers are more stabile and runs better than 78 fps....

These numbers are from DireWolf20 pack 1.12.2

Can anyone help me

3 hours ago, SuperShotDK said:

Trying to play a Custom Mod pack and FTB DireWolf20 Mod pack both of them I dedicated 8gb of ram of my 16 Gb of RAM

I assume you mean one at a time and not both at once.

I'm also assuming you mean it happens even on a newly created world?  Which would mean a profiler like the "laggoggles" (one word) mod probably wouldn't be that helpful?  Well here's a link to it just in case you feel like trying it anyway (to use it, check for its key bindings in the settings menu; it's not an item):

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/laggoggles?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=283525

3 hours ago, SuperShotDK said:

the FPS counter says 48-78 fps but feels like and feels worse than 48 FPS

This could possibly be a sign that the tick rate is lower than normal.  If the tick rate (or ticks per second / tps) of the server (including on a single player world) is lower than normal, then all mobs, projectiles, etc will look like they're moving slower and/or choppier even if your FPS is still high.  You can check whether this is the case easy enough, just go into a single player world and type this in chat:

/forge tps

Look at the part of the output that says "Mean TPS".  Hopefully it reads 20, or close to 20.  If it's much lower, then you have TPS issues, which means your CPU can't handle the amount of computation the modpack is asking it to do.

In any case, finding out for sure whether it's TPS or FPS is probably the best first step so try that command above and see what you get.

• Confused 1

Try using less ram? something like 3-4gb might work

• Confused 1

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Low tick rate can be hard to debug and often involves some trial and error, so try the easiest/fastest possibilities first, like the one Cadibloo suggested.  Try setting RAM a bit lower and see what the tick rate is.  Then try setting it a bit higher and see what it is (though ofc make sure not to set it over 12G even for testing if you have 16G).

If neither of those make a difference, rule out RAM amount and try something else.

Also, if you're on Windows, open the task manager while the game is running and see if anything is getting maxed out.  It's even possible (but not very likely) that the SSD access is getting maxed (if that's the case it's probably not due to minecraft alone; I've only really seen this happen while an automatic backup program was running in the background).

Too many possibilities for someone to pinpoint it for you, so you'll just have to experiment.

Btw, you never said if you were on a freshly created world or not.  If you're on a world that already has stuff in it, make a new one and test there in case it's something in the old world (especially if you got a world save from someone else to load up).  By freshly created I don't mean you have to make a new one each time - just make sure it doesn't have any existing tech devices, etc.

• Confused 1

This is client related, but having a large texture atlas (bigger than the max size of the gpu cache) will cause parts to be stored in ram and parts in the gpu cache. The parts will be swapped around, slowing everything down

• Confused 1

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

(A little) more ram & processing power -> more TPS

Well written mods -> more FPS

This is not a rule, but it’s usually true

Edited by Cadiboo
  • Confused 1

About Me

Spoiler

I honestly can't think of a good reason for your FPS to be low with those specs.  I'm just as confused as you are if you're seeing a significant change in FPS between single player mode and multiplayer mode.  I suppose a mod with some faulty code which only runs in integrated mode could cause something like that.

The core/thread count won't matter much since the game runs mostly on a single thread, but even so you shouldn't have a problem with 3.8Ghz (I have slightly lower clock rate and am running a fairly intensive 100+ modpack that I'm working on)

• Confused 1