[1.10.2] Render the players arm with an item in their hand

Nick82285

I came across a mod (with no source code), that uses the RenderPlayerAPI/ModelPlayerAPI called Amnesia Lights for 1.8.

I need a way to render the arm with the item in the player's hand like the picture below.

I tried changing the position of the model int the json but the arm doesn't show up, so is there a way with the GlStateManager to rotate the arm and force this functionality?

Example.jpg

12 minutes ago, Nick82285 said:

is there a way with the GlStateManager to rotate the arm and force this functionality?

The thing is - the player's arm is not rendered if there is any item in the player's hand whatsoever. So you can't just rotate it into existance, you need to render it yourself. Since you can't use normal models for that(because the player's arm uses player skin as it's texture) you will have to use a custom renderer. Override Item#getTileEntityItemStackRenderer to return your custom renderer. I don't know if that method is present in 1.10 so you should update(I think there is another method to do that in that version but you should update to the latest version). Then in your custom renderer you can render the player's arm as you want - you can look at ItemRenderer#renderArmFirstPerson for an example.

23 minutes ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

Then in your custom renderer you can render the player's arm as you want - you can look at ItemRenderer#renderArmFirstPerson for an example.

Don't feel obligated to answer because I know you probably get a secondary question but Item#getTileEntityItemStackRenderer doesn't exist, so how would I go about using ItemRenderer#renderArmFirstPerson?

4 minutes ago, Nick82285 said:

Item#getTileEntityItemStackRenderer doesn't exist, so how would I go about

57 minutes ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

I don't know if that method is present in 1.10 so you should update

Any particular reason for using 1.10 anyway? I mean some people say that they refuse to update from 1.7 because of the model system, or others say that they refuse to update from 1.8 because of the combat system, but what's wrong with 1.10 -> 1.12? Nothing of significance was changed anyway, if anything more features were added both to the base game and forge.

I think that there might have been a ForgeHooksClient.registerTESRItemStack method. It exists in 1.12 but marked as deprecated so it must have existed, but I have no idea since when. If this method doesn't exist in 1.10 then I am afraid I don't know the answer here. You can trace the execution of TileEntityItemStackRenderer#renderByItem and see where forge code takes place and what do you need to do in order to hook into it though.

But you really should update.

45 minutes ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

Any particular reason for using 1.10 anyway?

I'm an inexperienced modder looking to learn, however, the other mods I'm working with (specifically spongeforge mods like voxelsniper, worldedit and wizardry) don't have support for versions above 1.10.2.

It's more or less a catch 22

Edited by Nick82285

9 minutes ago, Nick82285 said:

It's more or less a catch 22

There are many many mods written for the latest version AND you have people who know how to (and will) help you with any problems you may run into 

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements